home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #31
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Candlelight Processional Dining Package & MNSSHP.

I could add MVMCP but since it no longer includes a free family photo and souvenir button and costs so much more, it's off the must-do list. We only do this every 4th or 5th year now.

Ah, wasn’t counting Candlelight Processional Dining Package since available for free viewing as well (albeit without guaranteed seating) but now I will, haha. Far and away my favorite.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:13 AM   #32
jnoel
One Bedroom

Been taking the family to Disney every year for over a decade and can say without a doubt the most special add-on we have done is a private fireworks cruise we did this past April. It launched from the Contemporary, took us on a 45 min cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon then stopped right in front of the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks show and had the soundtrack from the show playing on he boat.

The best part was sitting in the front of the boat cuddled up with my youngest son watching what felt like a private Disney World fireworks show just for us. It was one of those moments that while in it you knew you would never forget for the rest of your life. To me it was pure Disney magic.

After the fireworks show the boat took us to watch the electric water show in front of the Grand Floridian, which took me back to my childhood when my father used to take the family to Disney every year.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #33
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I'm curious if anyone who has done the fireworks dessert party has done so since Happily Ever After started? We have reserved the party when we go in August for our adults-only trip. This was the one thing I wanted to do because I love the HEA fireworks, but we usually only watch from TOWL and don't get to see the castle projections. I thought by signing up for the dessert party, it would be a great way to enjoy the entire show without being crammed in with thousands of people.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #34
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I'm curious if anyone who has done the fireworks dessert party has done so since Happily Ever After started? We have reserved the party when we go in August for our adults-only trip. This was the one thing I wanted to do because I love the HEA fireworks, but we usually only watch from TOWL and don't get to see the castle projections. I thought by signing up for the dessert party, it would be a great way to enjoy the entire show without being crammed in with thousands of people.
We did the dessert party for HEA last December. We did the Plaza option rather than the "sit down" option. None of us are big dessert eaters so I did it just for the reserved spot for HEA, which none of us had seen. It was ever so worth it! We got a great spot and were able to see all of the projections. There was lots of space and the CMs were great about keeping out those who did not belong.

Now that said, we did it before Disney decided to add the "after" option. My guess is that the "after" folks will show up to claim a spot before the "before" folks are done with the desserts. I'm sure that will make the space much more crowded. Not sure I would do it now. Would have to read some reviews to see how crowded it has become due to the extra people in the reserved area. In fairness, there was a lot of extra space when we went and the party was sold out for our evening. So maybe it would still be OK.

For me, it was expensive so it will be a one and done for us. Glad I decided to do it for our first viewing of HEA.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #35
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Quote:
We did the dessert party for HEA last December. We did the Plaza option rather than the "sit down" option. None of us are big dessert eaters so I did it just for the reserved spot for HEA, which none of us had seen. It was ever so worth it! We got a great spot and were able to see all of the projections. There was lots of space and the CMs were great about keeping out those who did not belong.

Now that said, we did it before Disney decided to add the "after" option. My guess is that the "after" folks will show up to claim a spot before the "before" folks are done with the desserts. I'm sure that will make the space much more crowded. Not sure I would do it now. Would have to read some reviews to see how crowded it has become due to the extra people in the reserved area. In fairness, there was a lot of extra space when we went and the party was sold out for our evening. So maybe it would still be OK.

For me, it was expensive so it will be a one and done for us. Glad I decided to do it for our first viewing of HEA.
My daughter and I did this in April, mainly for the viewing area. Agree that there was plenty of space, and we were able to watch the fireworks and projections with plenty of personal space. We didn't feel crowded at all, and had a pretty clear view of everything. I'm considering doing this again in November with DH, but I'm also concerned about crowding in the plaza viewing area. Still thinking...

The desserts were actually quite good! Mass produced, of course, but good. The cakes were moist and everything tasted very fresh. My daughter liked the cheeses that had been added to balance the sweets. I don't think I enjoyed the macaroons, but the other desserts were really good. I hope we get some reviews about the crowds in the viewing areas before I have to make my final decision. My other possibility at this point is the Ferrytale Fireworks and Dessert Cruise. But, of course, you would have no real view of the castle projections with a cruise. We'll see...
Old 07-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #36
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
My daughter and I did this in April, mainly for the viewing area. Agree that there was plenty of space, and we were able to watch the fireworks and projections with plenty of personal space. We didn't feel crowded at all, and had a pretty clear view of everything. I'm considering doing this again in November with DH, but I'm also concerned about crowding in the plaza viewing area. Still thinking...

The desserts were actually quite good! Mass produced, of course, but good. The cakes were moist and everything tasted very fresh. My daughter liked the cheeses that had been added to balance the sweets. I don't think I enjoyed the macaroons, but the other desserts were really good. I hope we get some reviews about the crowds in the viewing areas before I have to make my final decision. My other possibility at this point is the Ferrytale Fireworks and Dessert Cruise. But, of course, you would have no real view of the castle projections with a cruise. We'll see...
The Plaza Garden option is what I have booked. Did not realize they had added an "after" option. I will report back my findings. I think we have it booked for August 17. This will definitely be a one-time thing for us, as it will just be DH & I. I can't see spending the $$ when we have two kids in tow. Unless, of course, Nana wants a gift idea...
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #37
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

Scuba diving in the Living Seas Aquarium.

75% for the diving itself, 25% for the behind the scenes parts.

Learned a few cool things like:
If you are important enough you can scuba dive with Mickey Mouse (saw a pic of him underwater).
Living Seas has (had?) some ex-military dolphins, which know tricks that the CM's occasionally discover (the military didn't reveal what they can do)

The coral aren't real, but the sheer variety of animals you are surrounded by makes up for it. Plus conditions are obviously optimal, you get a really cool photo op with non-diving family members, and you can wave at people eating in the restaurant.
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #38
reno_to_disney!
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We did MNSSHP at Disneyland last year and loved it. We don't have any little one's so we passed on all the candy lines. Having the villain characters in the park that you don't normally get to see was great. Plus there were no lines for practically anything - we even rode the Jungle Cruise at night as the only two on the boat! The CM asked us if we wanted to hear the whole spiel or just ride quietly, so we had her try out some of her new jokes for us. It was awesome!
reno_to_disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Haven't done much but loved the DVC fireworks dessert cruise.....

ME Nicole ,DH , DS24 : , DD22 , DD14
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #40
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We did an Illuminations Cruise and to me that was one of the best ones I have ever done! Having my child in my arms while watching the fireworks for the first time together was just perfect. My friends with me also made the boat ride a lot of fun!

Next up would be the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. That was so much fun!