home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
BobParr
One Bedroom

Default So what do you actually DO at MNSSHP?

We've never been, but best I can tell is we pay an extra $85/pp so we can dress in WDW-approved costumes, get some trick-or-treat candy and ride the same rides? Is there more to it than that? Hoping so, but would like to hear before we buy tickets (or don't). I appreciate any insights from vets of such parties, thanks!
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:58 AM   #2
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

It helps that the parks are less crowded than regular hours so, lines for the rides will generally be shorter. You will have a lot of things that you won't get during the regular day:

Rare Characters and more villains
Regular characters in Halloween costumes
Hocus Pocus stage show
Boo Too You Parade
Hallowishes Fireworks.

Hocus Pocus and Boo Too You are a couple of my favorite events. I go most years but, am skipping this year as I have two people travelling with us who have never been to WDW. It's just too much to add this in with a first trip and F&W.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:13 AM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I go almost solely for the parade (recently I watch both appearances), fireworks, and people-watching (no costume for me). Usually watch a stage show or two and often go trick-or-treating.

Only ride I make it a point to go on is Haunted Mansion. Also tend to do Pirates and the Laugh Floor.

Even with just the above, definitely one of my favorite extras.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Read once that the MNSSHP tickets do not require a park ticket so if you were on a park-less/ticket-less trip you'd still have a day at MK with lower crowds. I wonder if the MNSSHP allow for FP+?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

First, it's cheaper than the Magic Members Nights or whatever it's called, and more hours! (But also more people.)

For me, it's the atmosphere, shorter lines, parade, and fireworks. We're 2 adults. I like it much better than the Christmas party, though that's also fun.

Essentially, if I can get into the parks for a night-time experience with fewer people and some special music/fireworks, I'll do it. We don't dress up.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
John2247
Two Bedroom

We don't dress up either. We love the parade, which is the best at Walt Disney World, the atmosphere, and the short wait times for rides. Haunted Mansion is a great ride at the party.

Well worth the expense in my opinion.

John
Old 09-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #7
disneyteach
Grand Villa

We went last year and it was a lot of fun! My kids dressed up, but DH & I just wore Mickey-themed Halloween shirts. We rode some rides, trick or treated, did the dance party in Tomorrowland (this was probably our favorite!), watched the parade and fireworks. The atmosphere was a lot of fun and we would totally go back again.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #8
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Agree with what everyone here has said.
It is a great event!
A separated ticket event, so no park ticket required. You may enter the park at 4:00, party starts at 7.
No fast passes for the event, but you really don’t need them.
Plan on staying late as the park really empties out as the night progresses.
IMHO it is worth it. And the Boo to You Parade is fantastic!
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
First, it's cheaper than the Magic Members Nights or whatever it's called, and more hours! (But also more people.)

For me, it's the atmosphere, shorter lines, parade, and fireworks. We're 2 adults. I like it much better than the Christmas party, though that's also fun.

Essentially, if I can get into the parks for a night-time experience with fewer people and some special music/fireworks, I'll do it. We don't dress up.

Dirk
Family of 5, we go for atmosphere and the parade although it is hard to go as often as we like. Only been twice, school schedules get in the way. They really pull off the Halloween feeling in an incredibly over the top Disney way.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #10
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Worth every penny! The fireworks are not just normal night fireworks and the parade is awesome! For the record the fireworks are worth the price of admission. If you get the right night, like we did last year, we rode SDMT with no wait at all. The time in between was just to run around to get in line again. Now, we have been in nights that were pretty busy, that wasn’t as fun, but we still got the fireworks and parade. What day are you looking at going? Closer to Halloween gets busier and Friday nights are busy. Tuesday’s early in the sched are the best!