home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #11
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Will there still be EMH for the studios once SW:GE. Opens? I wonder if there will be EMH for the general park but not for SW area. Still that would allow huge lines to form around the entrance to that area.

I also expect some sore of early morning access to the area . Perhaps a morning breakfast , Sangria and guaranteed times entrance to the ride once . $200 a person or so. Sadly the event would sell out quickly .

They have already said there will be EMH for Star Wars. That will be the only benefit for onsite guests to get ahead of everyone else at the beginning, since there wonít be FPs.

However, I would expect that the EMH will be totally mobbed, to the extent that by the time the park officially opens there will still be hundreds, even thousands, still waiting. That effectively negates the pretence that offsite guests have an equal shot at entry to Galaxy Edge. At rope drop I predict the line will 3 hrs+

And yes, there will be paid events galore. They could charge $500 and it would still sell.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #12
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
And yes, there will be paid events galore. They could charge $500 and it would still sell.
Crazy.
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #13
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

If I recall correctly, for our Sep 2006 trip, every park had at least one morning EMH and one evening EMH every week. The evening EMH were 3 hours. Only Disney resort + Swolphin + Shades of Green guests could use them, and there were fewer Disney resorts.

Now, for most weeks (Holidays they often add morning EMH): AK has two morning EMH and no evening. HWS has one morning and no evening. EPCOT has one morning EMH and one evening EMH that is only 2 hours. MK has one morning EMH and one evening EMH that is only 2 hours. There are additional Disney resorts plus seven additional non-Disney hotels have access (the seven Disney Springs Resort Area hotels and the two Bonnet Creek Resort hotels).

So, we used to have 4 morning hours and 12 evening hours = 16 hours/week of EMH with fewer Disney and non-Disney resorts.
Now we have 5 morning hours and 4 evening hours = 9 hours/week of EMH shared with many more guests.

Lame.

It's been a pretty big loss for us, as we are night owls on Mountain Standard Time who struggle to make normal rope drop, let alone morning EMH.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #14
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedeesmom View Post
If I recall correctly, for our Sep 2006 trip, every park had at least one morning EMH and one evening EMH every week. The evening EMH were 3 hours. Only Disney resort + Swolphin + Shades of Green guests could use them, and there were fewer Disney resorts.

Now, for most weeks (Holidays they often add morning EMH): AK has two morning EMH and no evening. HWS has one morning and no evening. EPCOT has one morning EMH and one evening EMH that is only 2 hours. MK has one morning EMH and one evening EMH that is only 2 hours. There are additional Disney resorts plus seven additional non-Disney hotels have access (the seven Disney Springs Resort Area hotels and the two Bonnet Creek Resort hotels).

So, we used to have 4 morning hours and 12 evening hours = 16 hours/week of EMH with fewer Disney and non-Disney resorts.
Now we have 5 morning hours and 4 evening hours = 9 hours/week of EMH shared with many more guests.

Lame.

It's been a pretty big loss for us, as we are night owls on Mountain Standard Time who struggle to make normal rope drop, let alone morning EMH.
Same here! Morning EMH ain't happening for us for the same reason (time zone).
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:49 PM   #15
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Right now, MK and Epcot are the only parks with both morning and evening EMH.

Studios has one morning EMH and AK has two morning EMH's.

Studios will obviously bounce to daily morning EMH, and I'm sure some evening EMH once SW:GE opens.

Morning EMH is currently 1 Hour before open, and Evening EMH is currently 2 hours after close.

People complain about the changes as "cutbacks" but when I started going to Disney regularly, nobody had evening EMH at all and each park had only 1 morning EMH. We're still way ahead of what was on offer in 2003-2004 time frame.

These perks come and go and change as circumstances change.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #16
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Studios will obviously bounce to daily morning EMH, and I'm sure some evening EMH once SW:GE opens.

Morning EMH is currently 1 Hour before open, and Evening EMH is currently 2 hours after close.

People complain about the changes as "cutbacks" but when I started going to Disney regularly, nobody had evening EMH at all and each park had only 1 morning EMH. We're still way ahead of what was on offer in 2003-2004 time frame.

Dirk
They were still recovering from Sept 11th at that time though. And I'd swear the crowds were about 1/2 of what they are.

I for one am terribly disappointed with such a large reduction in the evening EMH's.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #17
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk
Well said. They are perks for staying be happy for what we get for free.

That being said we did After Hours at Hollywood Studios and we loved it 3 hours no crowds $100. Will pay for it again hoping to be there when it's offered.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #18
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
Well said. They are perks for staying be happy for what we get for free.

That being said we did After Hours at Hollywood Studios and we loved it 3 hours no crowds $100. Will pay for it again hoping to be there when it's offered.
After hours at the studios will be the most popular after hours even after Aug. I imagine it will cost more than $100 then.
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #19
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
After hours at the studios will be the most popular after hours even after Aug. I imagine it will cost more than $100 then.

I think there will definitely be AH events at HS, probably a lot of them, but they will be WAY more expensive than $100 pp. If SWGE is as well done as it is expected to be, itís going to print money. As we have all seen lately Disney is on a mission to leave no money on the table so for anyone wanting low crowd access, get ready to cough up some serious cash for it.

After hearing about the expected crowds, I really wish they would have just made a 5th gate, all SW where they could keep adding. Then just make it a separate ticket at whatever price the market would support. If everyone here is right about hoards of people that will flock to HS, we will avoid the whole park. I hate to think it might be years before itís safe to venture back to try to ride TSM, RnR, or ToT again. I was also looking forward to seeing what they did with GMR re-make. I was looking forward to SWGE, but I have given up on that because I have zero interest in fighting those crowds. I just hate that Iím going to have to avoid a whole park now.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:29 PM   #20
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
They were still recovering from Sept 11th at that time though. And I'd swear the crowds were about 1/2 of what they are.

I for one am terribly disappointed with such a large reduction in the evening EMH's.
Honestly, I donít think the current state of DHS justifies EMH, at least two hours after close. Itís a half-day park at best for repeat visitors right now. Iím certain that will change 8/29, but itís been gutted. And itís actually not getting many additional attractions, just a swap-out of what was there. Better and more worth oneís time to be sure.

AK really deserves evening EMH because of how that park glows at night. Perhaps all park hours and EMH opportunities will be extended once DHS is back to snuff and more attractions open all the way around.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote