home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #21
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'll be curious if people actually pay and fill the place. If so, then we know Disney has hit a homer with SWGE.

Dirk
How will we ever know how many attend and if it's a sellout!?!?
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #22
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 16,108
Default

Sigh...we're not there until April 27.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #23
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
So sorry to hear about the bad stuff...but I am glad to hear about the good stuff coming your way!! Enjoy and I hope to hear all about the fun in a Trip Report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry about the death of your dog. They are such faithful companions and true family members. Yes, something special and fun can clear the mind.

Please let us know how it was. We would love a report!

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
So sorry for your loss. Best wishes at this difficult time.
Thanks. I appreciate the support. We are all doing a bit better and looking forward to the Galactic Gathering. I will report when we get back.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #24
Rigby
Two Bedroom
 
Rigby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 991
Default

Just read on another site that this was cancelled. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I wouldn't have sprung for it. Guess they didn't have many takers.

Crafty, sorry for your loss
__________________

Last edited by Rigby; 04-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Rigby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #25
Hi from RI
Grand Villa
 
Hi from RI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,368
Default

__________________
Homes: BWV, BLT, CCV, VGF




ME Nicole ,DH , DS24 : , DD22 , DD14
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #26
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom
 
MickeyFan787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC Area
Posts: 561
Default

Wow, I guess I didn't understand the framing of the event. A 2.5 hour character buffet related to HS in Epcot as a benefit for DVC members for $225. I guess others didn't either? They are coming up with strange "benefits", I mean it is just an event that they are selling. Nothing exclusive, in the World Showplace pavilion. Should have opened it up to everyone, maybe they could have made their minimum. Feeling bad for anyone who booked a trip around it.


That said, I was there last week and am wondering if maybe their congestion pricing is working. Crowd calendars predicted 8 out of 10 on the days I was at AK and Epcot - crowds were more like 4-6. That is a benefit I can get behind.
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #27
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33,607
Default

*Canceled*


Too much money, not enough interest for the cost.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #28
Joeli
Two Bedroom
 
Joeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 720
Default

Im going to close the thread. Tried finding the delete option, but dont see it.
__________________

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #29
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Im going to close the thread. Tried finding the delete option, but dont see it.
Mods close and delete threads. There's no reason to close this thread - it's news.

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #30
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Just read on another site that this was cancelled. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I wouldn't have sprung for it. Guess they didn't have many takers.

Crafty, sorry for your loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
Wow, I guess I didn't understand the framing of the event. A 2.5 hour character buffet related to HS in Epcot as a benefit for DVC members for $225. I guess others didn't either? They are coming up with strange "benefits", I mean it is just an event that they are selling. Nothing exclusive, in the World Showplace pavilion. Should have opened it up to everyone, maybe they could have made their minimum. Feeling bad for anyone who booked a trip around it.


That said, I was there last week and am wondering if maybe their congestion pricing is working. Crowd calendars predicted 8 out of 10 on the days I was at AK and Epcot - crowds were more like 4-6. That is a benefit I can get behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
*Canceled*


Too much money, not enough interest for the cost.
Wow. This is kinda newsy, and it seems like they didn't give much time for the event, either.

So, I guess Disney found that line that people won't cross to pay for events with questionable return.

So sorry for those who booked. Hope you can find something else special to do on your trips!

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software