home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic 2019

Well, that was easier this time!

Clicked in about 8:45. Got #196 at 9:00 am, instead of #2,400 like last time. I wonder if demand is lower because there are three nights and late August doesn't work for many families due to school starting or school getting ready to start?

Heart stopped when it said it was re-directing me to site and nothing happened. But it went through a minute or two later.

Got my 4 tickets for August 22. Our two friends may bail, so two tickets might open up as the event gets closer.

Good luck everybody!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

I logged in about 7 min before registration opened, I had to get to work and I was 5173. Hoping I get them. 4122 now.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
Orion54
Two Bedroom

I clicked in at 8:55am and got #2499 so not sure it's easier. Last time there wasn't a que and I got in right away for Typhoon Lagoon last year.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
NJOYURLIFE
Studio

I can't try till next week. I debated making a one night reservation but decided to save the points. I was lucky to do Magic Kingdom but couldn't get Hollywood Studios or Epcot. I am hoping that with 3 dates that maybe I can get AK for my daughter and I.
And now it is truly Home Sweet Home
NJOYURLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Clicked in about 8:45. Got #196 at 9:00 am, instead of #2,400 like last time. I wonder if demand is lower because there are three nights and late August doesn't work for many families due to school starting or school getting ready to start?
On the DISBoards, there are people that got into the queue with more than 7,000 people ahead of them.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
Hubbs
One Bedroom

I logged in last night before leaving work and and was able to book right at 9:00

Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #7
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I logged in about 7 min before registration opened, I had to get to work and I was 5173. Hoping I get them. 4122 now.
Good luck! I guess I just lucked out. People who click in before 9:00 AM are given a number randomly at 9. I don't know if click in right at 9 helps to get a lower spot or not. I just know my stress is over this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
I clicked in at 8:55am and got #2499 so not sure it's easier. Last time there wasn't a que and I got in right away for Typhoon Lagoon last year.
With three nights, you should get something. I was around that number for Epcot and it took about 45 minutes. Last time, everybody who logged in for resort guests got slots.

Dirk

Old 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #8
pdude81
Grand Villa

I'm registering for a friend also who couldn't do this and my higher number was 4222 (lower 1329). Both logged on before 9. Got my first registration done for one reservation but will be in queue for a while still on the other.

I do like that anybody on before 9 gets a random spot because even though I'd make sure to be the early bird, some people won't take off of work or delay child care to sit in front of the computer like I will. It should be relatively fair.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
On the DISBoards, there are people that got into the queue with more than 7,000 people ahead of them.
Wow! That blows my theory. I just lucked out.

Dirk

Old 06-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #10
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJOYURLIFE View Post
I can't try till next week. I debated making a one night reservation but decided to save the points. I was lucky to do Magic Kingdom but couldn't get Hollywood Studios or Epcot. I am hoping that with 3 dates that maybe I can get AK for my daughter and I.
Good luck! Epcot definitely had availability for non-resort guests, but I wonder if that's a function of the size of the park?

Dirk