home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
So I am confused. If I book an ADR and it is one of the CP dining venues, do I automatically get to keep that ADR when purchasing CP dining package?
ADRs and CP Dining Packages are totally separate reservations and you don't need both. If you want a CP Dining Package, you have to specifically book that. Also, regular ADRs can't be converted to a CP Dining Package.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #12
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
So I am confused. If I book an ADR and it is one of the CP dining venues, do I automatically get to keep that ADR when purchasing CP dining package?
No. My understanding is the same as JaxFLBear's.

I just meant that annual passholders are also entitled to book one day early. They are supposed to call Dining to book and Dining opens their phone lines 2 hours earlier than MS. I doubt those two hours will make a difference unless they announce Neil Patrick Harris as a narrator before July 2 and you have your heart set on Via Napoli.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #13
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post

I just meant that annual passholders are also entitled to book one day early. They are supposed to call Dining to book and Dining opens their phone lines 2 hours earlier than MS. I doubt those two hours will make a difference unless they announce Neil Patrick Harris as a narrator before July 2 and you have your heart set on Via Napoli.
So if you are both DVC and and Annual Passholder, either will work the same, I suppose?

First year we'll know our narrator when we book as I already picked the date to see the CPP and it's SCC.

Last edited by Dana; 06-07-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #14
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
I thought I saw a fuller list a few days ago. But here is what I can find today:

Whoopi Goldberg 12/6-12/7
Pat Sajak 12/16-12/18
Steven Curtis Chapman 12/22-12/24
Edward James Olmos 12/25-12/26
Is it bad that I have no clue who SCC even is?

We will be at Riviera from 12/20 to 12/24 and then BLT from 12/24 to 12/28th.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
If you're not too picky about where & when you eat, you can generally get the narrator you want. They have expanded the available reservations to more venues and meals, so I was recently able to get a reservation to see Jodi Benson pretty much at the last minute.

Yup, my experiences as well.

I know Deb corrected me for a special Christmas Eve reservation at Via Napoli, but other than if something is an absolute must on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, Ill hold to it not being necessary to call on July 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
Do we have to call MS to reserve? Will there be online availability? What time does the window open?

Thanks.

Plenty of online availability, I believe as of July 3. Window will open at 6 a.m. as usual. Only if something is an absolute must would I bother calling in. And even then definitely worth checking after.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #16
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post

We will be at Riviera from 12/20 to 12/24 and then BLT from 12/24 to 12/28th.

Christian music singer/songwriter. Ive seen him narrate before, hes definitely a good one with an impassioned performance.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #17
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Passholders get the early booking date, too and are supposed to call Dining. Dining phone lines open at 7AM Eastern. MS doesn't open until 9 AM Eastern

Online booking opens at 6 AM Eastern for ADRs, so if we can do that on July 2 and the website "don't crash", that should give us a choice of anything available for CP.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-the-holidays/
Neither DVC Members or AP holders can book online on July 2nd. AP holders can call WDW-Dine starting at 7 am EDT. DVC Members (who do not have AP's) must wait until 9 am EDT. Since the OP's dates are in the first half of December I think there will be good availability for the first few days of booking opening.

Quote:

Yep. Via Napoli goes very quickly. So does Biergarten. Basically, since the CP package has gotten more expensive, lots of guests want the less expensive restaurant options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
So if you are both DVC and and Annual Passholder, either will work the same, I suppose?

First year we'll know our narrator when we book as I already picked the date to see the CPP and it's SCC.
We'll be seeing him this year too! We always book for Christmas Eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yup, my experiences as well.

I know Deb corrected me for a special Christmas Eve reservation at Via Napoli, but other than if something is an absolute must on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I’ll hold to it not being necessary to call on July 2.

Plenty of online availability, I believe as of July 3. Window will open at 6 a.m. as usual. Only if something is an absolute must would I bother calling in. And even then definitely worth checking after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Christian music singer/songwriter. I’ve seen him narrate before, he’s definitely a good one with an impassioned performance.
Good to know. We've seen Gary Sinise (several times), Edward James Olmos, Ming-Na Wen, and Joey Fatone (among others) but haven't seen SCC yet.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post

Yep. Via Napoli goes very quickly. So does Biergarten. Basically, since the CP package has gotten more expensive, lots of guests want the less expensive restaurant options.

Biergarten? Never in my experience and we go often in Dec and always do the CPP. Biergarten is one of the easiest. Because it was one that had availability left we finally had our first meal there for a CPP a few years ago. Perhaps you mean Garden Grill? That one is difficult.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #19
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
This is him in his younger days. Love this song. Been a fan for over 25 yrs.

https://youtu.be/hVFPjIp6nkk
Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #20
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Biergarten? Never in my experience and we go often in Dec and always do the CPP. Biergarten is one of the easiest. Because it was one that had availability left we finally had our first meal there for a CPP a few years ago. Perhaps you mean Garden Grill? That one is difficult.
I've had trouble getting Biergarten for Christmas Eve. Maybe other dates are not difficult.

Heck, I'm beginning to think maybe it's getting anything for Christmas Eve that is the difficulty.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote