home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #11
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
So this brings up an interesting issue for me. Our family all has different expiration dates for our AP based on when they were activated, and my son's expires on 8/11. I would be renewing his pass before then but I don't think I can until July and the registration for these events might happen before then. Can you buy renewal vouchers ahead of time? I'm just not sure how to navigate this issue
You can renew up to 60 days in advance.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #12
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Hard to say. That entire Disney Parks Blog post was directed to Passholders.

If they do offer DVC previews, I wonder if they will require an on-site room reservation like the DVC previews for Pandora did?
With the Pandora preview if you were an owner not staying on your own points, could you have access? I just happen to be gold passholder staying on rented points (contract signed before my last add on) in August. I think I just want someone to tell me to not even hope.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #13
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/breaki...ywood-studios/

It should include DVC owners . It seems like mainly locals and Golden Oak owners will get in first . Perhaps they want to avoid locals from camping out all night.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #14
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
You can renew up to 60 days in advance.
Thanks. After I posted that I went to check and saw the 60 but it looks like I have to call. The kid doesn't show up online for me right now. Maybe I have his voucher number somewhere though. I guess we're sticking with Platinum for him at least!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Thanks. After I posted that I went to check and saw the 60 but it looks like I have to call. The kid doesn't show up online for me right now. Maybe I have his voucher number somewhere though. I guess we're sticking with Platinum for him at least!
As an FYI all DVC renewals have to call. Otherwise I've been able to see the renewals online (just not DVC prices).
Old 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
As an FYI all DVC renewals have to call. Otherwise I've been able to see the renewals online (just not DVC prices).
Ok, thanks. I'll stop hunting around and just call them at some point.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #17
Sykes
Studio

Pandora had both Annual Passholder and DVC Previews, and we got super lucky--since they were pretty close together we got to enjoy two separate preview nights on a single 3 or 4-day trip. It was totally worth making a separate trip out for the previews--it was completely empty compared to pretty much every day since Pandora opened to the public.

I'm hoping that they do previews for both for Galaxy's Edge. Even though I went to GE on opening weekend at Disneyland, I'd happily make a special trip out if I can get tickets to a preview at Hollywood Studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
With the Pandora preview if you were an owner not staying on your own points, could you have access? I just happen to be gold passholder staying on rented points (contract signed before my last add on) in August. I think I just want someone to tell me to not even hope.
You had to be a member with a blue card (if I recall correctly) and you had to be staying on resort, but you didn't have to be staying on your own points or, for that matter, at any DVC resort. (I think I was on a cash reservation.)

Last edited by Sykes; 06-17-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
Joel0917
Grand Villa

Do u have to have a ressie already? I’m a platinum AP and no August trip booked but if i score a chance to get in I’ll make a trip.

Or should a book a reservation and hope? Pray? And cancel if nothing?
Stayed: SSR, AKV,AKL, THV, All star music, Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR.
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
2016 - SSR/AKV and BLT
2017 BLT, SSR, AKV and coronado
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 5x Magic 1x
Upcoming:
Dream September 2019
Star Wars AP days August 2019
F&W AKV
Thanks Giving AKV
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #19
Sykes
Studio

I just speculatively made a cash reservation for Pop Century for the week before GE's opening date since I want to try out the Skyliner anyway. I only did it because it's easy and 100% cancelable, but I don't see a compelling reason to do it before the dates are announced. I may switch to a DVC reservation once dates are announced if there is anything left.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Registration for this event will be another Disney IT fail.

Good luck to all those who will be attempting to register for the Passholder previews!