home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,571
Default

I noticed the typewriter that Woody climbs on ..., Tom Hanks has a passion for typewriters. He has a collection of short stories book called
UNCOMMON TYPE and the audio version is perfection to listen to Tom Hanks voice .
Also a documentary called California Typewriter.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #12
Joel0917
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Allen Park, MI
Posts: 1,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
This movie has the best comedic bit of possibly any Disney animated movie, and certainly the Toy Story franchise. No spoilers - but "Plush Rush" is fall out of your seats funny. I cried more during that scene than the end.

I really enjoyed it. It's a different tone than the other Toy Story movies. And you definitely miss John Lasseter's influence on the film. There's no tear a toys-in-an-incinerator-sized hole in your heart moment that Lasseter seems to bring. But it was well written and creative. There are a few good Easter eggs, and some good performances by newcomers and a cameo here and there. And the animation is staggeringly beautiful. The rain in the opening scene looked like they used real footage of a rainstorm. It's unreal. Definitely a go see.
__________________
Sep 97 - First WDW trip
Since then wdw: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
2014,2015
Stayed: SSR, AKV,AKL, THV, All star music, Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR.
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
2016 - SSR/AKV and BLT
2017 BLT, SSR, AKV and coronado
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 5x Magic 1x
Upcoming:
Dream September 2019
Star Wars AP days August 2019
F&W AKV
Thanks Giving AKV
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #13
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
This movie has the best comedic bit of possibly any Disney animated movie, and certainly the Toy Story franchise. No spoilers - but "Plush Rush" is fall out of your seats funny. I cried more during that scene than the end.

I really enjoyed it. It's a different tone than the other Toy Story movies. And you definitely miss John Lasseter's influence on the film. There's no tear a toys-in-an-incinerator-sized hole in your heart moment that Lasseter seems to bring. But it was well written and creative. There are a few good Easter eggs, and some good performances by newcomers and a cameo here and there. And the animation is staggeringly beautiful. The rain in the opening scene looked like they used real footage of a rainstorm. It's unreal. Definitely a go see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
Yes, I shed a tear at the end also. Took my two grandchildren last night although my 8 year old grandson stated that it was not as good as the other ones. Critics 😀
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat08 View Post
I loved it. Laugh out loud moments and some tears!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
I saw it last night too, and really enjoyed it. Gabby Gabby was a very interesting character. Her helpers are really creepy too hahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel0917 View Post

Very glad to hear all these positive reviews. I was one who thought it was a questionable decision to extend beyond the third movie, though did like the direction of resolving the disappearance of Bo Peep.

Of course as I always say I wouldn’t let others deter me from watching regardless, but certainly helps that overall this seems like another hit.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #14
yeahdisney1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 58
Default

We saw it tonight, we enjoyed it. The entire theater laughed out laugh for a scene.
At our normal theater the 4 pm and 5 pm and 6:20pm ($9.25 a ticket + fees) assigned seats were sold out for 3 seats together.
So we went to a different town, old theater, normal seats, only one $6; 7pm showing a night
yeahdisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #15
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado
 
salmoneous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sabado Gigante
Posts: 15,437
Default

Movies I will never watch: Toy Story 4. See also, Toy Story 3.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #16
ajc
Grand Villa
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
I saw it last night too, and really enjoyed it. Gabby Gabby was a very interesting character. Her helpers are really creepy too hahaha.
Gabby Gabby as Christina Hendricks; I loved her as Joan in Mad Men and saw her in TinStar with Tim Roth.
Is it Gabby Gabby as Barbarella?
Haven't seen the movie yef.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #17
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,571
Default

I noticed Monorail yellow with TS4 and those 3 creepy characters all named Bensen decorate 3 windows side by side looking right at you .

Last edited by MMC1; 06-22-2019 at 12:00 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #18
PSULion22
Grand Villa
 
PSULion22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 3,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdisney1 View Post
We saw it tonight, we enjoyed it. The entire theater laughed out laugh for a scene.
"Plush Rush"?

Quote:
At our normal theater the 4 pm and 5 pm and 6:20pm ($9.25 a ticket + fees) assigned seats were sold out for 3 seats together.
So we went to a different town, old theater, normal seats, only one $6; 7pm showing a night
We paid $17.50 plus fees per ticket on Thursday night at the theater further away. The closer one, at $16.50 per ticket, was nearly sold out at 9:15 pm.

But I guess that's not an indication of anything. We can't get tickets to Aladdin. Every show we can get to (between 6 and 9 pm on a weeknight) is usually sold out a week in advance.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #19
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,571
Default

I think I liked Aladdin better , which is huge cause I’m not a big Will Smith fan .
TS4 has stretched the toy sentiment to infinity. So the ending might signify the end.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #20
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,571
Default

Was that a subliminal message when Woody refuses to carry Forky and insists he can walk ? What no stroller for Forky?
I also noticed a feeling of being in Norway / Frozen attraction during the previews for Frozen 2 release Thanksgiving. Did anybody else feel it too?

Lots of things to discuss with this movie but the ending is profound .

Last edited by MMC1; 06-22-2019 at 04:52 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software