home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #21
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I think I liked Aladdin better , which is huge cause Iím not a big Will Smith fan .
TS4 has stretched the toy sentiment to infinity. So the ending might signify the end.
To Infinity and Beyond!
(Sorry I couldn't resist.)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #22
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Saw it this afternoon. Quite good, indeed. Well worth seeing.

Some dust in the theater for sure... But not quite the emotional tug of Toy Story 3. Still, a fitting end.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:22 AM   #23
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Saw it this afternoon. Quite good, indeed. Well worth seeing.

Some dust in the theater for sure... But not quite the emotional tug of Toy Story 3. Still, a fitting end.
Saw it this evening. We all had a lot of mixed feelings. Four main storylines, and a lot of B story lines and/or running jokes/bits, and a lot going on. But the storylines felt disjointed from each other. And as someone posted earlier, it didn't have the same "tone" as the previous three. Definitely darker.

I think we're still processing, but none of us felt is was better than any of the previous three.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #24
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Freeform aired TS 1 last night; my youngest had a fever so I sat and watched with him; it's been ages since I've seen it. Had to laugh as there's a throwaway line about Sid taking out Woodie's (no spoilers).

As far as tone goes, I guess we will always be left to wonder how different this film would have been if Lassiter hadn't left.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #25
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I thought it was great, and Iím a pretty touch critic. My kids liked it as did I. Two thumbs up from us!
Old 06-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #26
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Just back from seeing it with my crew. Loved it.

Soooooo many easter eggs from prior Pixar movies and shorts (not to mention Westerns in general.) Wonderful storytelling and film making.

And the Key and Peele characters were a hoot.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:01 PM   #27
cmorg
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Was that a subliminal message when Woody refuses to carry Forky and insists he can walk ? What no stroller for Forky?
I also noticed a feeling of being in Norway / Frozen attraction during the previews for Frozen 2 release Thanksgiving. Did anybody else feel it too?

Lots of things to discuss with this movie but the ending is profound .
I thought the same thing about the Frozen trailer!!
cmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #28
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
This movie has the best comedic bit of possibly any Disney animated movie, and certainly the Toy Story franchise. No spoilers - but "Plush Rush" is fall out of your seats funny. I cried more during that scene than the end.

I really enjoyed it. It's a different tone than the other Toy Story movies. And you definitely miss John Lasseter's influence on the film. There's no tear a toys-in-an-incinerator-sized hole in your heart moment that Lasseter seems to bring. But it was well written and creative. There are a few good Easter eggs, and some good performances by newcomers and a cameo here and there. And the animation is staggeringly beautiful. The rain in the opening scene looked like they used real footage of a rainstorm. It's unreal. Definitely a go see.
The opening sequence actually got me more than the end. Something about bringing back the original music and reliving the original -- while sitting in the theater with my two young daughters. The "you've got a friend in me" song was bringing back memories from all of our trips at WDW -- particularly waiting in queue and riding TSMM.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #29
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I thought it was great, and Iím a pretty touch critic. My kids liked it as did I. Two thumbs up from us!
so less than one thumbs up a piece?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #30
Jesper
One Bedroom

Saw it Saturday morning with DW and DD9. We all thought it was very good. A fitting end. I was surprised at the lack of people there though. It was a pretty big screen and the theater was maybe 1/4 full.