home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #231
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I've been somewhat following this thread, but it's hard to keep up so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. Assuming you've seen the recent testing. Those suckers are fast! I'm getting more and more excited. Anyone else think because they're testing now, we might see a summer opening rather than a fall? I have my fingers crossed for our late July trip!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #232
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Yes, I think at least some of the stations will be open this summer. Don't think the Riviera station will open until just before that resort opens for guests, but I think the park stations and the CB, & POP /AoA stations will open earlier than expected.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #233
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Will believe it when it happens, or possibly when it is announced. I don't think Disney is going to rush this.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #234
pdude81
Grand Villa

I would guess at this point they'll wait to open the whole thing until at least the external construction at Riviera is finished. It isn't worth the confusion of having poorly informed Pop/AoA visitors walk all the way over to the gondolas to get to Epcot only to realize they now have to take the bus. No matter how many signs you put up, some will always claim they have been treated unfairly.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #235
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Well, I have trips booked for May, August, and late January; so I'm sure I'll get to try them on one of those trip! I'm surprised at how giddy with excitement I am about them. The Skyliner isn't the purpose of those trips - I'm not that geeky - but it would be a great bonus!

I really hope I don't want Riviera so bad I regret the recent CCV add-on! Or, I hope that my bundle of points will generally get me into Riviera at 7 months!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #236
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I really hope I don't want Riviera so bad I regret the recent CCV add-on! Or, I hope that my bundle of points will generally get me into Riviera at 7 months!

Dirk
Sorry but according to a lot of people on this site even if you own at RR you won't be able to get a room at 11 months. I don't understand what they are talking about but I keep reading it over and over. So at 7 months you might as well give up now.
Fiveresorts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #237
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
Sorry but according to a lot of people on this site even if you own at RR you won't be able to get a room at 11 months. I don't understand what they are talking about but I keep reading it over and over. So at 7 months you might as well give up now.
Really? Where has that been talked about?
Old 02-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #238
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I think it was touched on in the various threads about the new restrictions on resale, the Riviera thread, and the more recent one about whether itís a bad idea to buy there.

The idea being that if you buy resale, you would have to book right at 11 months or risk not being able to use your points at all. But resale is a way down the line yet, so I donít see it being a huge issue initially.

I think there will be a rush at the 7 month mark to switch to Riviera though.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #239
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I think it was touched on in the various threads about the new restrictions on resale, the Riviera thread, and the more recent one about whether itís a bad idea to buy there.

The idea being that if you buy resale, you would have to book right at 11 months or risk not being able to use your points at all. But resale is a way down the line yet, so I donít see it being a huge issue initially.

I think there will be a rush at the 7 month mark to switch to Riviera though.
To paraphrase Yogi Berre: Riviera will be a complete flop. It's too fully booked to ever get a room.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #240
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
To paraphrase Yogi Berre: Riviera will be a complete flop. It's too fully booked to ever get a room.

Dirk
Exactly. I was just being funny. I canít wait to stay at the RR and ride the Skyliner.
Fiveresorts is online now   Reply With Quote