home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #131
jmmess
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Have you tried calling the front desk of the new resort, from the old resort, before you leave? Would that work?
No, we haven’t. In the past our bands had to be realigned to the new rooms. It is easier to just go to the front desk and get it sorted once you get to the resort.
jmmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #132
Ariel's Sister
Studio

I usually take a bag or backpack with electronics and other important stuff with me and stash it in a locker at the front of whatever park I am going to spend my homeless hours at.

MaryJane
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #133
The.disney.couple
One Bedroom

Awesome post! Thanks for doing this!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #134
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Hi everyone. Thank you for all the great information. We generally have not done split stays in the past because my wife really never wanted to go to the trouble. However to me it sounds fun. I now have two splits days scheduled. One in February and one in June, where the total days at Disney World will be six days on one and nine days on the other. We will do three different resorts each split stay, and be two or three days in each room.

So, I was not aware that they would transfer your luggage to the new resort. I was planning on checking out and then taking an Uber with our luggage to the new resort and checking in. It would be so much better to just drop our bags at the bell captain on our way out, and then go to the park. Could we check into the second resort and third resort online, so that we can just go to the park? Are there any particular details we need to worry about with our luggage?

Again, I appreciate everyone’s help.
no worries but give the luggage 2 to 4 hours arrival time and make sure you have what you need for the day. They will give you a luggage claim ticket and you can use your cell phone to photograph it if you are bad with losing paper while park hopping.
(carry you swimsuit in case you want to pool hop or cool off if the room isn't ready.)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #135
FCivish3
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
no worries but give the luggage 2 to 4 hours arrival time and make sure you have what you need for the day. They will give you a luggage claim ticket and you can use your cell phone to photograph it if you are bad with losing paper while park hopping.
(carry you swimsuit in case you want to pool hop or cool off if the room isn't ready.)
Thanks

Poly, AKL, BLT
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote