home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
<sarcasm> The value rooms (and to a lesser extent the club level rooms) exist only for the purpose of teasing and torturing the majority of AKV owners, who will never be able to book them. </sarcasm>
I sometimes wonder if you might be right. I have been lucky enough to get a value studio at 7 months-but that was about 8 years ago, before the word got out. Now I want to try a 1 BR value, and it's never available, at least for those of us "non-owners" who have to wait until 7 months.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
How many value rooms at AKV?
10 2BR lockoffs and 8 dedicated studios. So a potential of 18 studios and 10 1BR's.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Value rooms

The value rooms are great we have been lucky. BWV and BLT have similar situation but with a few more available. I really think the value rooms one cause many people to buy thinking they can one day use this smaller amount of points on rooms they will never be able to get, really make it an advantage to buy where you want to stay, and three really screw up when people try to compare value of various DVC resorts everyone wants something a little different.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #14
bakerworld
Grand Villa

We tend to use our AK points in the Spring - March or May - and have always been lucky to get Value studios. This past May we managed a Value 1 Br - less points than BC studio - but upon arrival the space wasn't ready until 4:30p plus the tub was a source of amusement climbing in and out. Twice I managed to get value Studios in early December but it was always the luck of stalking and grabbing a day here and there with WL a day.

The value 1Br is layed out the same as all others however I really prefer the value studio arrangement of the other studios - the beds close to the slider and the couch is next to the kitchenette.

Last edited by bakerworld; 09-08-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Additional Thought
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #15
vortexrally
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We really enjoyed the value studio. When i was trying to get a cash room for next month they actually had a cash 1 bedroom value available for $400 a night.

Oct '06 - Offsite | Dec '07 - Pop Century | Dec '08 - Port Orleans Riverside | Mar '10 - Coronado Springs | Jun '10 - Offsite | Dec '10 - Coronado Springs | June '12 - Saratoga Springs | Dec '14 - Caribbean Beach | Feb '16 - Offsite | Sept '16 - Pop Century | June '17 - Beach Club/Poly Split | Sept '17 - AKL Kidani | Nov '17 - AKL Jambo | Feb '18 - AKL Jambo | Oct '18 Saratoga/AKL Split / Jan '19 OKW | Jan '19 Aulani
vortexrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #16
Lolaura84
Studio

Whatever the issue was, it seems to be resolved, and there is now normal (only a few days of a week) availability. About a week ago, they were even available at 8am!

I'm watching for a planned trip in the fall 2019 for a group of 8 or 9 people, and hoping that I might be able to get a 2BR club and a value studio. If not, our backup is to go with a 2BR savannah view at Kidani, so we'd get the same number of bathrooms. If I manage to pull of both club and value in one trip I'll feel like I totally won the lottery, LOL!
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #17
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

We almost purchased AKV, specifically for the Value rooms, but, the chance of getting the value rooms is really a lottery, so we never went forward with it. In hindsite, I wished we had purchased some points there as I love the resort.