home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
FreakyApe
Studio

Default Kidani Room Service Menu?

Does anyone have a PDF of Kidani room service menu or know where to find it? I found a jambo house one, but not Kidani.

I've heard we can get things from Sanaa, including the bread service to our room, but haven't been able to confirm that.

Trip in less than 2 weeks! Thanks!
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

FWIW
Did a room service order at Jambo 2 weeks ago. When I called I told the CM that I was looking at a menu that I got on line, but wasn't sure it was right. The CM I spoke with told me that if I found it on line, it wasn't right. I ended up just asking what the options were. There was a much better selection than what I had found on line.
When I ordered, I asked to have a menu delivered with the food. I forgot to check when the food was delivered and I realized after they left that there was no menu.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

I can't help you with where to find the menu currently, but we did this a couple of years ago, and it was an excellent in-room dining experience! We bought wine from the store in Kidani, put the kids to bed and thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #4
FreakyApe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkeroo View Post
I can't help you with where to find the menu currently, but we did this a couple of years ago, and it was an excellent in-room dining experience! We bought wine from the store in Kidani, put the kids to bed and thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
Awesome. Do you remember if you were ordering things specifically from Sanaa?
Old 09-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #5
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyApe View Post
Awesome. Do you remember if you were ordering things specifically from Sanaa?
I think things may have changed a little, but the in-room dining menu was in our room and it was definitely directly from Sanaa. I think last time we were staying there, I didn't see that same menu in our room and asked at the restaurant. They told us we could order anything from the Sanaa menu and have it delivered (there was a surcharge off the menu prices if I recall correctly).
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
FreakyApe
Studio

Conclusion: the room service menu is vaguely Sanaa themed perhaps, but it is not the sanaa menu, unfortunately. Bread service was not on there. To be fair, I didn't try to just call and ask for it.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

It's been 2 years or more but we were able to order the bread service from Sanaa(via the room service menu), BUT it was twice the price!

You can walk to the lounge at Sanaa and place an order for the bread service "to go" - it's sill packaged the same as if you ordered it from room service but you pay the menu price! The savings is worth the walk!

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL & OKW

Had owned at VGC & SSR too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #8
delfinavacano
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
It's been 2 years or more but we were able to order the bread service from Sanaa(via the room service menu), BUT it was twice the price!

You can walk to the lounge at Sanaa and place an order for the bread service "to go" - it's sill packaged the same as if you ordered it from room service but you pay the menu price! The savings is worth the walk!
Have you gotten other orders to-go there as well? Going to Kidani for Christmas and totally donít mind sending the husband down to pick up a meal!
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #9
FreakyApe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinavacano View Post
Have you gotten other orders to-go there as well? Going to Kidani for Christmas and totally donít mind sending the husband down to pick up a meal!
Yes, the entire menu is available for pickup from the bar inside sanaa. I sat and had a beer while I waited, but many people just milled around for the 10-15 minutes waiting for their food.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
rch2101
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post

Old post, but thanks. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'll be at Kidani in a little over 2 weeks and I was wondering if I could snack on the bread service by the pool in the evening when the kids are swimming!
rch2101 is offline   Reply With Quote