home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 09:32 PM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa

Is it too late for Trip report, Brian?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:57 AM   #12
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Weíre putting 7 of us in a 2-bedroom in January. Good news is that 4 of the people are kids who are cousins, so they take up less space. I went back and forth about a 3-bedroom, but it didnít make sense when the 3 adults are me, my mom, and my sister. We travel together a lot, so itís not that big of a deal. My sister and I can handle my mom if she gets too bossy.

Haha, as long as you know the family dynamics so well Iím sure itíll be just fine,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Is it too late for Trip report, Brian?

That was way back when I actually did them in a timely fashion. 2008 and 2010, I believe. Iím sure theyíre here somewhere, though unsure if the picture links survived.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #13
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Lake View Grand Villa at BLT cannot be beat...Just amazing!! So much room. The view and TOtW is right down the hallway.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Only one we stayed in was HHI over New Years and it was awesome with a wood burning fireplace and the resort supplied the wood. Fantastic. But AKV looks nice as it has a pool table, no? OKW is best bang for buck and might be worth a try.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT and May 25-28 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #15
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Take a look at this virtual tour from David's: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6p...2&utm_source=4
Very similar layout to Aulani's Grand Villa, which I absolutely love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Only 3-bedroom I’ve stayed at is the BLT Grand Villa. It’s amazing.
The BLT Grand Villa Theme Park View has been on our family's must-do list since the tower was built, but BLT is not our home resort and they're always booked for the dates we want. Someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Only one we stayed in was HHI over New Years and it was awesome with a wood burning fireplace and the resort supplied the wood. Fantastic. But AKV looks nice as it has a pool table, no? OKW is best bang for buck and might be worth a try.
HHI is another want-to-do, just trying to decide on best time to visit around school breaks
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #16
TexasChick
Grand Villa

We're planning a really big family vacation in 2021, so maybe that will be the time to do it. We could have my parents stay with us in a 3-bedroom. I have a few years to save up points for the potential 3-bedroom. I have the most points at VGF followed by BLT and then BWV. Out of those three, is there one that ya'll think is better than another? Trouble is, we have used a ton of our VGF points for a SB trip next year for my family and our friends. I don't have VGF points until 2020.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We have never stayed in a 3-bedroom, but we constantly debate splurging on one. The large point amount keeps us from doing it, but I would like to know which ones are worth the points in case I get a wild hair and finally book one. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.
I've stayed in several grand villas:

1) Kidani
2) Jambo
3) BLT
4) VGF
5) Aulani

In WDW -- I think that Jambo was my favorite. I loved the large balcony and sitting out there with our morning coffee and breakfast over the savanna. My kids loved the pool table. I also prefer the 1 level floor plan.

My second favorite was at the VGF. Again partial to the 1 level floor plan, for me the VGF is just an amazing room -- feels like a real home away from home for sure. I think it is the largest grand villa of the bunch. It also has a separate TV room, so technically it is a 4 bedroom villa. I loved this feature of the VGF GV.

BLT had a great view of the MK, but my stay was tarnished by ghost ants, so probably not a fair review, because I couldn't wait to leave! Without the ghost ants I think I would have liked it more than the Kidani grand villa.

Kidani was a very nice room, it has a similar layout to BLT with large picture view window in the front of the villa. It is very large and stately, but if I had a choice between Jambo and Kidani I would choose Jambo.

Overall the Aulani GV is my favorite of the bunch -- but, you're in Hawai'i so that's not really a fair comparison A very large villa and my family loved staying here. The best thing about this villa is the lanai. It runs the entire length of the villa and is large enough to lay out on chaise lounge. However, on the downside, we were on the side close to the wedding chapel and had a lower floor. I would have preferred to be in the other building because all day long they are churning out weddings and you are also right over 'Ama'Ama looking down on their roof. Lovely villa, but I'd prefer the other tower.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

Last edited by cmrdgrs; 09-02-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: clarification
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #18
noreen99
Two Bedroom

We did Memorial Day at SSR preferred 3 bedroom villa-
7 sort of adults...

Was incredibly nervous with all the negative reviews of the resort but we actually liked it a lot. Location was perfect to quiet pool and views of disney springs.

We did have a issue with one of the bathroom showers and could not have asked for better response from the desk. Maintenance was in and out before I drove back to room.

Nobody wanted to share a room with aunt Bon so we had plenty of space.

Glad we did it- but unless itís another loaded contract grand villas arenít in our future.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #19
cw62803
One Bedroom

I'm curious if anyone has ever stayed in a 3 BR villa at OKW. The 1 BR villas there are very spacious by DVC standards, so my guess is the larger units would be amazing.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #20
tbgame32
Studio

I've stayed in BWV, BLT & VGF Grand Villas. VGF wins hands down.
tbgame32 is offline   Reply With Quote