home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
debabe
One Bedroom

Default Resort Hotels Disney Guest Wifi

Ok, I am going to bring a HooToo Wireless Router on my upcoming trip to WDW in order to (A) stream movies from my smart phone and (B) have a Firewall.

I am trying to configure my HooToo before I go.

Does anyone know the exact name of the Disney Hotel in-room Guest Wifi? Is is "Disney_Guest" or Disney Guest" or ????

If I can get the exact name, I can set it up in the configuration and it should automatically recognize the WiFi when I arrive.

Anyone know the exact name? I am staying at SSR, POFQ and AKK. I should think that they all have the same guest WiFi name.

Thanks!

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

In-room Guest WiFi (Disney)

is what my tablet saved on our last trip. We were at VGF and BWV.

Also saved:
Public Space Guest Wi-Fi (Disney)
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #3
jamesa1
Studio

In-room Guest WiFi (Disney) here at BWV. Just connected my Echo Dot and did not have to select the network after transferring from OKW.
jamesa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

following. Great idea!
Old 09-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

I plan on bringing a Roku to be able to get my local news. Anyone know if that will work?
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Joeli
One Bedroom

I do not mean to hijack your thread, but it had me thinking if anyone has tried to hook up a FireTV stick to the TV in room at the resorts? Our youngest is at the moment addicted to the original Winnie the Pooh and we of course have all the disney movies on Amazon Prime which we can get to via FireTV as well as Netflix.

Sidenote: We sometimes use this in the car for the kids plugging it into the HDMI connection on the back seat in our Pacifica Hybrid, so the kids can watch on their screens. Car has a built in hot spot but I have it setup to use my tmobile hotspot connection on my mobile phone. Those services do not cost anything from a data perspective on t-mobile.

Perhaps I could do the same setup in the resort just hooked up to the living room TV?

Upcoming:
Jun 2019 - BWV
Mar 2019 - PVB
Feb 2019 - BRV
Jan 2019 - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea

Done:
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #7
missa986
One Bedroom

Also, chromecast?

Oct/Nov 2018: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Oct/Nov 2016: Boardwalk Villas
Sept 2014: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
Oct/Nov 2012: Pop Century
May 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Dec 2000: Polynesian Resort
Dec 1993: Caribbean Beach Resort
missa986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
lisacast
One Bedroom

Last month we were at Kidani AKL. We had 1 room with an older smaller tv (still seemed like an ok tv to me but it was a little smaller), fire stick worked great and then after cruise we were in another room (same resort Kidani AKL) with a newer tv with a specifically Samsung tv, the fire stick did not work. Since it was a Samsung tv my daughter could connect her phone to the tv and my parents and her watched netflix from that. That probably was not the answer you wanted but we were able to connect either way.

Owner since 2012
lisacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
I do not mean to hijack your thread, but it had me thinking if anyone has tried to hook up a FireTV stick to the TV in room at the resorts? Our youngest is at the moment addicted to the original Winnie the Pooh and we of course have all the disney movies on Amazon Prime which we can get to via FireTV as well as Netflix.

Sidenote: We sometimes use this in the car for the kids plugging it into the HDMI connection on the back seat in our Pacifica Hybrid, so the kids can watch on their screens. Car has a built in hot spot but I have it setup to use my tmobile hotspot connection on my mobile phone. Those services do not cost anything from a data perspective on t-mobile.

Perhaps I could do the same setup in the resort just hooked up to the living room TV?
We connect our Fire stick every time we travel! We like watching Netflix at rest times.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa1 View Post
In-room Guest WiFi (Disney) here at BWV. Just connected my Echo Dot and did not have to select the network after transferring from OKW.
Frightening and scary device. Can't even imagine having one at home, much less bringing this invader on a trip

Cheers.