home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #171
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

FYI - DVCnews has some info on the actual sizes on the CCV Villas:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...ments-and-more

Quote:
Dedicated and lockoff Studio: 345 sq ft (Boulder Ridge is 356 sq ft)
Dedicated and lockoff One-bedroom: 761 sq ft (BRV is 727 sq ft)
Dedicated and lockoff Two-bedroom: 1105 sq ft (BRV is 1080 sq ft)
Cabin: With patio and porch included: 1737 sq ft
Grand Villa: Oddly shaped with maximum width of 47 feet by length of 76.4 feet; 3204 sq ftsze
ETA; Discussions on another thread are casting doubt on the accuracy of the square footage listed in the link above.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

Last edited by tink711; 10-25-2017 at 12:40 AM.
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #172
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

I just want to thank you for posting this charted information and keeping it current. I can’t tell you how many times I have referred to this over the past 3-4 years for info on where I may want to stay next! SO helpful having all info in one place!

ME DH DS20 DD17
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #173
Micah008
Grand Villa

Post 1 has been updated with some more finalized numbers for Copper Creek, and a few other minor updates and cleanup.

Note that the main thing I am unable to get information on for Copper Creek has to do with the Walk-In Shower rooms. I know there are 41 Studios with Showers, but of those I am unable to find how many are in Dedicated Studios and how many are in Lock-Offs. If anyone has seen this information posted, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
I just want to thank you for posting this charted information and keeping it current. I can’t tell you how many times I have referred to this over the past 3-4 years for info on where I may want to stay next! SO helpful having all info in one place!
Thanks! Glad it is useful.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:45 AM   #174
WiggleWorm
Studio

Default Thanks!

Wow! This is great! Thanks for doing all this work!

I find the numbers of each time of room the most interesting. Definitely explains why we have only gotten a value room at AKV one time!
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #175
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggleWorm View Post

I find the numbers of each time of room the most interesting. Definitely explains why we have only gotten a value room at AKV one time!
This is one thing I refer to it a lot for.....# and types of rooms. If i’m Looking to put in a WL request for a resort, I check to see which view has the most rooms and WL that view. Always more likely to have a WL come through if there are more rooms of that category!

ME DH DS20 DD17
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #176
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Does anyone have the breakout for OKW for the Near HH and rest of resort categories?

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #177
robinb
Two Bedroom

I've just seen this chart for the first time! I want to thank you so much for all the hard work you put into it.

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #178
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggleWorm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
... I want to thank you so much for all the hard work you put into it.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
... If i’m Looking to put in a WL request for a resort, I check to see which view has the most rooms and WL that view. Always more likely to have a WL come through if there are more rooms of that category!
I do the exact same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Does anyone have the breakout for OKW for the Near HH and rest of resort categories?
I'm trying to recall if there was a reason I didn't include this in the numbers... but I want to now for sure. I will see if I can find them and include in my next update, or if someone knows please post them here.

I have seen which buildings are Near HH, but it seems the buildings are different layouts/sizes, so it would take a little more time to count it all up.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #179
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post

I know I have read some things on here that DVC will not officially commit to exactly which bldg are considered HH. (I specifically remember a rant thread about walking a ressie for HH GV only to get put in a farther bldg and being told it was also considered HH). My own personal experience was last IKW stay getting put in bldg 15 and being told it was a wonderful location because (cheerily) “it was almost HH” . I had requested near laundry, so while I get it was just a request, I was trying again at the desk to get a better room, which is how I got the syrupy sell on this inconvenient location. At that point, I couldn’t resist asking ; exactly what was considered HH and getting the Disney run-around. I asked the question specifically because of these other posts and I wanted to hear for myself what they would say. I tend to agree with other posters that while there may be specific bldg in the ressie system as HH, when it comes time for room assignments they reserve the right to get “creative”, Thus, it may be a challenge to get official information.

Having said all that, I would be very interested to find out if someone can get official info.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #180
Stitch_Fan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

This is great info, Thank you!!