home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #31
Lovetheboardwalk
Two Bedroom

The Bison Burger was delish

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

Disneyland ~ VGC May 2018
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly. & VCC
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 PM   #32
melk
Grand Villa

We really enjoyed our lunch there although it was a little chilly as it was in January.

My daughter ordered the bison burger and as she was enjoying it we asked her how she liked the bison. Turns out she didnít realize it was actually bison. She thought that just a name they gave it, keeping with the northwest wilderness theme. But she did say it was delicious 😋
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 PM   #33
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

We split a Bison Burger from the CS next to Geyser Point; I'll assume it was the same as offered at the table service area? Yep, it was good. We live near bison ranches, ostrich ranches and a camel dairy. Bison is good ... but Ostrich is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.
bwvBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #34
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
We split a Bison Burger from the CS next to Geyser Point; I'll assume it was the same as offered at the table service area? Yep, it was good. We live near bison ranches, ostrich ranches and a camel dairy. Bison is good ... but Ostrich is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.
Ostrich medallions are a wonderful red meat but to be cooked medium rare; if overcooked it gets hard and dry due to the low fat content.
It might be a stretch for ostrich at Geyser Point since that bird is not a North American native but a lot of people are farming them.
Maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge has it on the menu?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #35
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Ostrich medallions are a wonderful red meat but to be cooked medium rare; if overcooked it gets hard and dry due to the low fat content.
It might be a stretch for ostrich at Geyser Point since that bird is not a North American native but a lot of people are farming them.
Maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge has it on the menu?
It would seem quite appropriate to serve Ostrich at Jiko's ... but a quick Google suggests that Ostrich hasn't been seen on the menu since 2010.
bwvBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #36
GARLIN
Studio

We were there after they first opened and the funniest thing was the cast members constantly trying to keep the ducks from walking thru the restaurant- they would chase them away and they come right back-it was very entertaining- and they also have some very good drinks!
GARLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #37
John2247
Two Bedroom

Geyser Point Bar and Grill was OK for a quick service dinner, but really disappointed in their breakfast options. As far as dinner is concerned, I prefer Territory Lounge over Geyser Point.

John
Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #38
lauravee
Studio

Loved having a relaxed lunch at Geyser Point, with the distant sound of the MK railroad in the background. Others mentioned watching the Electrical Water Pageant from there - will have to try that on our next trip!
lauravee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #39
Disney Dreaming Mom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Does anyone have any experience eating here with the dining plan? I would love to come here with my husband during our trip in October!
2008 Pop Century
2010 DCL Magic Eastern Carribean
2012 DCL Wonder Mexico purchased DVC AK
2013 AK 2014 Aulani 2015 GCV
2017 Marathon Weekend SSR
Disney Dreaming Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #40
Miki
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We were at BRV for a week in January. We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed Geyser Points several times. Loved being there in the evening for drinks and apps. This is just how we love to eat most days, lounges with a few drinks and a few apps, this is dinner for us. We also love Territory Lounge and spent time there as well.
Had coffee and danish a couple of mornings and sat out by the water, so peaceful.
Spent a whole afternoon watching football there, lots of fun! All in all Geyser Point is a great addition and the new pool as well. Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort and may be my new favorite.

Home resorts: BLT, BWV, and VWL
Miki is offline   Reply With Quote