home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 AM   #1
BayMom
One Bedroom

Default Disneyland Neighborhood Power Walk

I was looking at Member Benefits & More for an upcoming Disneyland trip, and came across this (below). Has anyone been? If so, was it worth doing?
Neighborhood Power Walk

Exclusively for Members and their Guests, these invigorating walks provide a wonderful way to jumpstart the day at Disneyland Resort.

No special equipment necessary, but remember to wear comfortable fitness attire.

Highlights
Join us for an early morning power walk through the magic of Disney California Adventure Park.

Feel your best by making regular exercise part of your daily routine.
Appropriate for all fitness levels.
After a brisk 1-mile walk, you'll receive complimentary Jamba Juice in one of four refreshing flavors: Caribbean Passion, Apple n' Greens, Kale-ribbean Breeze or Strawberries Wild.

When and Where
Get information about the “Neighborhood Power Walk” event location, dates and times.

When:

7:00 ‐ 8:00 AM, Most Thursdays
Where:

Meet at the gate to Disney California Adventure Park, located at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
The walk takes place inside Disney California Adventure Park; the exact walking path may vary due to availability
Old 01-07-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I enjoy it and it is a great way to see the park prior to opening and all the prep going on that time of day.
Groups have been around 8-10 participants plus our cast member
It is a brisk walk and no dawdling but I’ve enjoyed it each time I visit VGC.
I stop at Starbucks after and my day is started.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We did this several years ago and it looks like it has changed a bit since then. At the time they listed a minimum pace and stated no stopping and no pictures. I also don't remember the Jamba Juice at the end. It was a fun way to start the morning.

I have posted about it before but if you are looking for things to do at GCV I would highly recommend the afternoon tour of the hotel on one of your days.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #4
BayMom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
I have posted about it before but if you are looking for things to do at GCV I would highly recommend the afternoon tour of the hotel on one of your days.
Thanks for the suggestion. We're a little time limited as we're only going for a long weekend, hence asking if the morning walk was worth the effort, sounds like it is That being said the hotel tour sounds right up my alley, so I may have to make time for it.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

If you're looking for a serious power walk opportunity at WDW, just enter Epcot through the International Gate at rope drop, and race the people from the main gate to Soarin'! No running! -- that's cheating, and against park rules (for good reasons). Just power-walking.

While it's nearly impossible to beat all of them, I can usually get on the first flight. Not bad for an old man.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote