home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-24-2019, 01:08 AM   #11
ajc
Grand Villa

You are a lucky duck (said in the voice of Donald Fauntleroy Duck)!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Very nice. Congrats!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
lats118
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also was successful getting a waitlist filled at the Boardwalk, but had something unexpected happen.

We wanted 5 nights at the end of April, but we were only able to get 4, so I booked a room at OKW for the first day and then waitlisted the same day at Boardwalk. The waitlist eventually (after 5 months!) came through and Disney canceled my OKW room, which I thought was odd, but it's what I would have done anyway.

If I actually wanted to keep the OKW room, I'd have to go back and see if it was still available. I don't have much experience with waitlists, so I guess this is the way it works.
lats118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #14
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Congrats! We are hoping for the same magic in a few months for that same swap. We used to love the pool view when the kids were little, but now boardwalk view is preferred. I still shake my head that both are same point category.
I agree. I know that some prefer the Pool/Garden view (and it is certainly nicer than most Standard View rooms), but it does seem an intermediate category that should be priced accordingly.

I never thought we'd like it as much until we did it. But there's something about looking out over the Boardwalk and Epcot in the early morning (after finishing a run that includes the same Boardwalk in the earlier morning) over microwaved eggs, bacon and coffee.

Cheers.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #15
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I agree. I know that some prefer the Pool/Garden view (and it is certainly nicer than most Standard View rooms), but it does seem an intermediate category that should be priced accordingly.

I never thought we'd like it as much until we did it. But there's something about looking out over the Boardwalk and Epcot in the early morning (after finishing a run that includes the same Boardwalk in the earlier morning) over microwaved eggs, bacon and coffee.

Cheers.
First, congrats!

Agree, boardwalk view is one of, if not our favorite view at WDW. Love a drink on the balcony before heading out for the evening, or when we get back at the end of the night. One of the ways I relax there, and this view does it.

Goofy Dad 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #16
Pooh128
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lats118 View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also was successful getting a waitlist filled at the Boardwalk, but had something unexpected happen.

We wanted 5 nights at the end of April, but we were only able to get 4, so I booked a room at OKW for the first day and then waitlisted the same day at Boardwalk. The waitlist eventually (after 5 months!) came through and Disney canceled my OKW room, which I thought was odd, but it's what I would have done anyway.

If I actually wanted to keep the OKW room, I'd have to go back and see if it was still available. I don't have much experience with waitlists, so I guess this is the way it works.
Is it possible you checked the box to replace your OKW reservation with the BWV reservation while setting up your waitlist?
Pooh128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #17
lats118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh128 View Post
Is it possible you checked the box to replace your OKW reservation with the BWV reservation while setting up your waitlist?
If that option exists, that must have been what I did.
lats118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #18
Earendil

I have a waitlist for Boardwark Jan 28-31. I didn't realize until after I made it that a lot of people might be coming around that time for Rise of the Resistance. How screwed am I?

I have a backup reservation, just in case. But we would prefer to stay at Boardwalk because we want to go to the Festival of Arts at Epcot.
Earendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #19
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Just wanted to post a Waitlist success story...just because

We booked 2 studios for F&W next September. I was 5 days late in booking against the 11-month window because we decided on dates just then...spontaneous decision.

I got 1 Boardwalk View and settled for Pool/Garden for the other. I read elsewhere that there are only like 30 BW view studios, so makes sense. Put a waitlist for Boardwalk View.

Reservation made on Oct. 21. Just today got one of those "We can't wait to welcome you home" emails that one gets after making a reservation. But I didn't make a reservation today. Further research showed that it was the P&G view room now listed as BW View. Yay!

Cheers.
That's awesome! Getting that email, when you know you haven't made a reservation, and then the light bulb goes off, that. is. the. best!

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote