home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Default AP Renewals Using Current Offer

I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. My current AP (Plat. Plus current offer) expires July 6. I was told I could purchase a RENEWAL for my current AP using the current offer (plat plus for the price of gold). I was not aware I could do that since I was not within my renewal window and just wanted to pass along that info if anyone was considering the current offer.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. My current AP (Plat. Plus current offer) expires July 6. I was told I could purchase a RENEWAL for my current AP using the current offer (plat plus for the price of gold). I was not aware I could do that since I was not within my renewal window and just wanted to pass along that info if anyone was considering the current offer.
They would not let me do this earlier in the week. Specifically told me I could not. I didn't press the issue because we won't activate the new ones until September and that will work out for renewal in 2019.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:38 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
That is not the norm and I would NOT count on this. Doing my renewal earlier in the year they were a stickler about the 60 days.

That said rarely you'll get one who will let you do it. So if you get it, consider yourself more than lucky. If you don't then I wouldn't complain.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
BugsDad
Grand Villa

I also specifically asked member services about this and was told that I could NOT do it.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

I was just allowed to purchase a platinum plus pass renewal voucher, even though my current Gold pass doesn't expire until 3/12/2018. The voucher linked into my account just fine and is assigned to me with options to reassign. If you are interested in this offer, call MS and give it a try. Good luck!!!

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :

Last edited by Buzz Lightyear Towers; 12-31-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
Hookdonwdw
Studio

I linked renewal passes to my account before the 13 month deal expired, and the certificates are sitting in my account. No problems.
Hookdonwdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #7
Grandma Minnie
Studio

Default Yes, you can!

We activated my son's special offer Platinum Plus AP in October and he'll get 3 trips out of it. The next trip after its expiration is Dec.2018. So I called to see if we could purchase another for him since we will just get in under the activation window. The CM had no clue and had to ask a supervisor who said "Yes!" Technically I don't think they consider it a renewal of an existing pass.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Minnie View Post
We activated my son's special offer Platinum Plus AP in October and he'll get 3 trips out of it. The next trip after its expiration is Dec.2018. So I called to see if we could purchase another for him since we will just get in under the activation window. The CM had no clue and had to ask a supervisor who said "Yes!" Technically I don't think they consider it a renewal of an existing pass.
That isn't a renewal if you are waiting until Dec 2018 to activate. If you paid $505.xx it's a renewal if you paid $595.xx it's a new pass.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:21 PM   #9
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

I guess this is a case of 'it depends on the CM you get' because the CM was going to let me renew. I specifically asked "even though my current AP doesn't expire until July?" and she said yes, it would just expire at the same time next year (July 2019). I ended up not getting the renewal voucher because I wanted my new AP to expire at the end of the summer rather than July, but the CM was ready to let me do it. In fact, she was the one who offered it, I didn't even ask.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #10
mmisaacson
Studio

I called yesterday and was also specifically told that I could not purchase a renewal pass because I was not within 60 days of renewal. Our passes expire in April.
mmisaacson is offline   Reply With Quote