home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #11
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
A little bit of the print.....

y. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras.
Hum....... that (red highlight) seems to contradict the above mentioned stuff.

best,

...........john
Old 02-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

How is this just arbitrarily decided? Are we not the owners of the vacation club? All this taking away devalues everyone's ownership.

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing. - Thomas Jefferson
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #13
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Hum....... that (red highlight) seems to contradict the above mentioned stuff.

best,

...........john
It doesn’t seem to be very clearly written, does it?
Old 02-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #14
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Here is the copy/paste from my "notifications":

Membership Extras Eligibility

Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit Important Membership Documents.

And here is from the updated Membership Documents:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras.

So in one place it says one thing... and in another it says another. Seems to me the Membership Documents is the "legally binding" one.

best,

............john
Old 02-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #15
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbarker View Post
And you say that you are a "we" so the return is quicker in that I assume you are buying more than one AP.
Excellent Point! BTW, can we buy an AP for our son who isn't on the membership?

Also, I assume that if we buy the 25 point direct now, then we would get 25 points for the 2017 UY, which I could bank to use on our next vacation. That saves us another 50 * $15 = $750
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #16
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Here is the copy/paste from my "notifications":

Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit Important Membership Documents.

And here is from the updated Membership Documents:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras.

So in one place it says one thing... and in another it says another. Seems to me the Membership Documents is the "legally binding" one.

best,

............john
Funny, I don't read it as contradicting anything. Anyone who currently has a membership card is not affected. As of Feb 25th you need 75 points bought direct to get a membership card. And to get Membership Extras you need a card. Therefore this only affects new buyers after 2/24. (Of course, what if you don't get your card by then but bought 25 points... ).

The second part of the blurb is what I saw first, the first bit just clarifies about the grandfathering.

That was my understanding of it. Almost like the first bit was added as a result of queries.

What they haven't specified is what the minimum add-on will be from Feb 25th. I could see them having 2 different minimums, depending on whether you already have direct points.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #17
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Kind of wish they wouldn't grandfather .
We have...
June UY with 200 resale from 2006...55 direct...150 resale from 2017
Aug UY with 75 resale from 2012...50 resale from 2013...50 direct

So, if no grandfathering we would have to add a 25 pointer direct on one of our UY. Oh how sad I would be .

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT, May 25-28 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #18
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Here is what I just have sent to Member Services:

Good morning.

I thought I'd alert you to the fact that your recent change in the Membership Extras policy is garnering a bit of consternation on the internet's various DVC forums. You are getting some "bad press". One of the reasons is that different documents you have issued do NOT say the same thing. So the intent is NOT clear.

The "Notifications" on the member site says this:
--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

However...... when one goes to the (what I assume are the more legally binding) Membership Documents to look at this same information as instructed, it says the CONTRADICTORY statement:

--------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

Note the total contradiction in legal language there!

I am concerned that this change might impact me... and as a stockholder...... that the consternation about this can affect the share price as people get upset with Disney. I would be VERY unhappy if I had to add points above the 50 direct that I already own in order to maintain the Extras I now receive.

So... which statement is correct? They can't both be right. They are mutually exclusive. If the notifications statement is correct, you need to get your legal team to revise the paragraph in the Membership Documents.

Appreciate it if you can get back to me and clear this up.

Thank you.

best,

.................john
Old 02-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #19
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
It doesn’t seem to be very clearly written, does it?
NOPE!
Old 02-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #20
MMC1
Grand Villa

Does anybody remember how confusing the Contract paperwork was when they originally joined? So how many more disclaimers are included nowadays? I can just imagine meeting up with a guide as a new member and getting ready to sign on dotted line over and over again. Just initial here
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote