home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Christine207
Studio

Default July 4th Fireworks --- Where to watch?

For the first time, my daughters and I are at Disney for July 4th. We were hoping to watch the fireworks from the TOWL but that plan won't work as we are staying at AKV, so no access that night for us due to blockout dates. Any suggestions as to good viewing spots without actually going into the Magic Kingdom? My hesitancy to go to MK is that I am assuming it will be incredibly crowded. Thanks!
Christine207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Quellman
Grand Villa

California Grill if you can get a reservation, viewing platform on the concourse at Contemporary, if there are any fireworks cruises planned (pirates and pals, regular fireworks cruise, or renting the yacht from grand floridain), booking a dining reservation at grand floridian or polynesian (since a lot of time on those dates they chase away people who aren't actively at the resorts), or you could just ride the TTC ferry back and forth.

Another option would be see if you could view them on July 3rd.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
Belle & Ariel
Two Bedroom

We were there a few years ago and saw MK on the third (which is the same as the 4th) and Epcot on the fourth. It was very very crowded but a lot of fun.
Wish we could be there this year. Need. MORE. vacation. time!!!

New AP count. Dec 10. Jan 5 (15) Feb 4 (19) March 6. (25) April/May 8 (33) June 9 (42) Sept 7 (49)
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #4
Orion54
One Bedroom

Wish we could be there for the 4th. We've been watching the live stream on Disney Parks blog the last few years. Not the same but still very fun.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

I hear the beach at the Poly has a great view. You could get a Dole Whip at the quick service place and watch from the ''beach''

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:56 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I’d vote for a dinner at California Grill or Narcoossee’s timed for the show.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
Christine207
Studio

Thanks so much for the advice. I was able to get a reservation at Narcossee at 8:45 on the 3rd. May also try the Poly Beach on the 4th...
Christine207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
BuffaloJim
Studio

Narcoossee’s is a great place to have dinner and watch the fireworks from their deck. I’ve watched them from all the hotels and probably every spot. The Poly beach is one of my favorites, especially with one of those frozen drinks in my hand.

I will say that they might be checking to see if you’re a hotel guest though. The 4th is really busy for fireworks and I think they checked one year when we were at VGF.

Also, since they’ve added the projection show on the castle, I really think it’s much more enjoyable from inside MK. But that hasn’t stopped me from also seeing it from other spots.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:37 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
We were there a few years ago and saw MK on the third (which is the same as the 4th) and Epcot on the fourth. It was very very crowded but a lot of fun.
Wish we could be there this year. Need. MORE. vacation. time!!!

This is what we do.....We did not make plans for this year. But next year is looking up for a July 4th trip.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #10
Nickys
Grand Villa

I think last year, maybe for the last two, and NYE recently they have been checking at the Poly.

However, the best view from over there is right next to the ferry dock at the TTC. Not sure if they pipe in the music though.

You could also watch from the BLT - Contemporary walkway, or from the Terrace outside the 4th floor of the Contemporary (before the walkway). Or even from next to the BLT south elevator (nearest the Contemporary) where there are big windows. The higher up you go, the better the view.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote