home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #51
raymond70
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka24k View Post
Not sure if anyone hasn't posted info about last nights event? Upon entry we were given our wristbands & each of us received one food voucher that listed where and when it could be used. The ice cream was not part of the voucher, no ticket needed to get your Mickey bar. The food court was the busiest place, around 10pm it was packed, if you had already used your voucher you could also purchase food. Fountain drinks were free.
The wait for Soarin was pretty quick, about 20 min. The land was walk-on. Alll rides open, even Frozen. Fireworks were 11:45pm. The characters included Starlord, Gamora, Baymax, etc. I'm pretty sure the longest lines were for character photos It did not seem crowded to us at all, other than the food court lol. One of our group didn't make it until later, they just gave my name at the entrance & were allowed in no problem. A super nice evening, thank you DVC!
I agree! Really nice event! I appreciate DVC doing these things because they really don't have to. I know we enjoy DVC resorts and wouldn't even think twice if they didn't offer these events. I'd like to know how much it costs to have such an event( meals,staff payroll etc.). Had to be a fortune when you think about running a whole park for a relatively small group. We were exhausted because we drove in that day and got started at 4 am but couldn't turn down the opportunity. We always seem to just miss these type of events and this time it worked out. Had a nice time
raymond70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #52
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Great news! I found out that the meal vouchers are good for one entree, one side and one non-alcoholic beverage at Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn or Kringla Bakeri. Even better, the ice cream is still available, in Future World East and West. No hot dogs required!
Yeah!
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #53
MickeyChris
Studio

Did anyone get in without reserving one of the tickets? We happened to be staying on property last night and would have tried to go, but the event was listed as SOLD OUT online, so we didn't try to get in. Love the idea and would like to make it to an event some time!
MickeyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #54
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
Did anyone get in without reserving one of the tickets? We happened to be staying on property last night and would have tried to go, but the event was listed as SOLD OUT online, so we didn't try to get in. Love the idea and would like to make it to an event some time!
We did go by and ask if there were any cancellations while they were handing out wristbands. We were told no and that the event was way overbooked anyways. We figured it was worth a shot since we were already at EPCOT. I know a lot of people probably reserve more tickets than needed. We thought they might be like “oh, well we had someone reserve six spots and only two showed up”, but that wasn’t the case.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #55
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great news! I found out that the meal vouchers are good for one entree, one side and one non-alcoholic beverage at Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn or Kringla Bakeri. Even better, the ice cream is still available, in Future World East and West. No hot dogs required!
DEFINITELY better than the old WDW hot dog. Good upgrade, Disney!

Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 AKL - tentative
Feb 2020 Disney Fantasy - tentative
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #56
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

We arrived at Epcot at 6:45, and they were already handing out the wristbands and dinner vouchers, all of which was very well organized. Our group rode Spaceship Earth, then split up for dinner at Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons before meeting up again to ride Soarin' (20 minute wait, park was still open) and Living with the Land (walk on). We were going to ride Figment next, but there was a malfunction, so we got into the line that was forming to meet Edna and Elastigirl. Who knew that we would spend nearly 90 minutes in that line?! At the start of the M&G, individuals were taking pictures and getting autographs, then taking different group shots, etc. and using up A LOT of time before characters moved on to the next family/party. I totally forgot about the autographs and figured each family would pose--->snap the picture--->move on. Silly me! Obviously, DVC didn't think it was going to take as long, either, because eventually, they told those waiting in line that there would be no further autographs, just a quick picture and then please be on your way. I wonder how many people were still in line for this at the end of the event. Anyway, we then went on Figment, had our premium bar, walked over to Test Track (50 minute wait) and decided to shop the event booth instead (Figment shirt and ornament were the two event items - they were sold out of size M by 10:45). Then, we went to walk counter-clockwise around World Showcase, only to be turned back at the International Gateway, because World Showcase wasn't open in its entirety - just the two rides, no shops or restaurants after 9:00. By this time, people were gathering for the fireworks, so we found a spot to watch. Yikes, the smoke and ash in the eye were a bit unexpected as well! We then went to ride Test Track (posted wait of 40 minutes; actual wait less than 20) and walked off the ride at 12:30am. All in all, it was a very fun night - just wish the lines for characters moved along faster so we could have visited a few more
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #57
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

We picked up our wristbands at BWV with about a 20 minute wait lined up across the lobby then got our vouchers at the international gateway. We were loaded into a Figment ride vehicle when it broke down before we moved into the ride so we bailed on that. Mexico ride also stopped right before we got on so we went back out to watch the fireworks then went back and rode it without an issue.
We didn't bother with any of the characters but my brother and his family waited a long time to see Edna and Mrs. Incredible as well. They did see Goofy and Mickey right at the beginning of the party and the line was fairly short. We waited about 25 minutes for Frozen. The posted wait was 30 minutes so that was pretty accurate. We were able to get Soarin and Test Track done near the beginning with some anytime fastpasses we had from issues at the hotel. It was a fun time but definitely not as uncrowded as I expected. Loved the vouchers for meals.
Quote:
We arrived at Epcot at 6:45, and they were already handing out the wristbands and dinner vouchers, all of which was very well organized. Our group rode Spaceship Earth, then split up for dinner at Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons before meeting up again to ride Soarin' (20 minute wait, park was still open) and Living with the Land (walk on). We were going to ride Figment next, but there was a malfunction, so we got into the line that was forming to meet Edna and Elastigirl. Who knew that we would spend nearly 90 minutes in that line?! At the start of the M&G, individuals were taking pictures and getting autographs, then taking different group shots, etc. and using up A LOT of time before characters moved on to the next family/party. I totally forgot about the autographs and figured each family would pose--->snap the picture--->move on. Silly me! Obviously, DVC didn't think it was going to take as long, either, because eventually, they told those waiting in line that there would be no further autographs, just a quick picture and then please be on your way. I wonder how many people were still in line for this at the end of the event. Anyway, we then went on Figment, had our premium bar, walked over to Test Track (50 minute wait) and decided to shop the event booth instead (Figment shirt and ornament were the two event items - they were sold out of size M by 10:45). Then, we went to walk counter-clockwise around World Showcase, only to be turned back at the International Gateway, because World Showcase wasn't open in its entirety - just the two rides, no shops or restaurants after 9:00. By this time, people were gathering for the fireworks, so we found a spot to watch. Yikes, the smoke and ash in the eye were a bit unexpected as well! We then went to ride Test Track (posted wait of 40 minutes; actual wait less than 20) and walked off the ride at 12:30am. All in all, it was a very fun night - just wish the lines for characters moved along faster so we could have visited a few more