home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #161
Princess Amy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
We are having a great time so far! We had our favorite Szechuan food just prior to arriving at the airport, landed at MCO to a room ready text (rightfully so since it was 6pm), arrived via ME and dropped our bags off to find we had a decent view of DS from our Congress Park studio , walked to DS and did our traditional meal at Ghirardelli and shopped DS until close (11p).

At Detroit Metro awaiting our flight

View from our studio balcony

Walking to DS

And this right here is my happy place. My favorite spot in all of Disney. Syd and I sat here chatting for about an hour last night after shopping until close...

No parks. We do not have APs and are just going to take the day today as it comes... Lunch at the Boathouse at 11....I let DD chose and make that reservation.

I thank you for the compliment, Mike! Learned by your example!

Brian - keep a smile on today. Or at least a business face....power through! Iíll send more pics to help with that....

Patty I love that line of facial care! My favorite is the micro delivery peel. I use it once/week for baby-butt smooth skin! A novelty for a 48yo....
Hubby was at DTW yesterday on his way to work

Have a great day today!

1993 Euro DIsney, 1996 Disneyland Hotel, 2001 Disney Grand CA, 2002 Grand Floridian, 2002 The Swan Resort, 2007 Disney Paradise Pier, 2009 SSR, 2009 Disney Grand CA, 2010 Animal Kingdom, 2010 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Disney Grand CA, 2012 Disneyland Hotel, 2012 BCV and OKW, 2013 Art of Animation and Beach Club Villas, 2014 Disney Grand CA, 2015 Beach Club Villas, Fort Wilderness, 2016 Fort Wilderness, BCV

Trip Reports and Other Posts:
Panama Cruise
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30303
WDW Picture Trip Report
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47299
Mickey Tye Dye Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32848
Matching Family Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14
Old 07-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #162
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Have fun Pam!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #163
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Brian - At least you've got your old boss to keep you company. Plus if you make it to cocktail hour that could provide some entertainment.

Our last couple "team building" exercises was an escape the room and the other demo-ball (a mash up of a sort of lacrosse and basketball in a bumper car - lots of fun). Of course it's usually just my team and we typically get to pick, so I'm not sure that counts as team building really. It's more like happy hour.

Pam - Looks like fun and what a great way to spend an hour talking with your DD in those chairs. Great memories.

Mike - Good luck with your horses ... and thankfully your Monday is over now.

Summer is slipping by quickly. We need to plan a trip to the beach. Even just a day trip I'd be OK with.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #164
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Patty - to DS. I think mom should get ot go too.

Nancy - Glad you are enjoying. How was camping?

Kelly - Glad your trip was good even with the drive.

Dan - Tell Ryan hi back!

Mindy - Nice job on the puzzle. Ouch! How do they start a root canal and not finish it. I'd be telling them to get it done, knock me out if you have t
o. I'm such a baby when it comes to tooth pain. I can't take it that long.

Never seen Mama Mia ... maybe I should add that the list.

Pam - Have a good time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Pam and Amy, awesome sounding trips. I wanna book a last minute trip.

Mindy, that just stinks with the root canal. You don't want them getting any infection somewhere that it shouldn't be. How are you feeling today?
So this was something called a ďsedative root canalĒ? Never heard of it. I think my dentist was making it up as he went along. He drained the external abscess and then started the root canal. Drained the infection and then packed it with something. Maybe thatís where the sedative part comes in? Anyway, patted me on the head and sent me home. The swelling is slowly starting to improve. Itís really not acutely painful now, just a nagging ache. Ibuprofen and Tylenol help a lot. The most worrisome part is that I still feel crappy and Iíve been running a fever at night for several days. My antibiotics are almost complete, and Iím afraid Iím going to need another round to completely kick the infection. Iíve never had a dental issue like this before, and I hope I never do again!
Old 07-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #165
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Pam - love the pictures! Sounds like a terrific trip! Hope you are having a blast!

Never tried the Philosophy line. I react badly to so much stuff that I tend to stick with my LancŰme products. After a while, I will even react to some of those. Sensitive skin is the pits! Cassie is trying to talk me into letting her do the dermablade on me, but Iím not really excited about that...
Old 07-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #166
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Ouch Mindy!
Hopefully things improve rapidly now that the dentist has done his work.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #167
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Ouch Mindy!
Hopefully things improve rapidly now that the dentist has done his work.
Much better this morning, thanks! Still have to go back next week and let him finish up, though. .
Old 07-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #168
beansprout
Grand Villa

Mike, as wonderful as owning your own business is, it ainít easy 😜

Mindy, glad things are heading in the right direction. When an abscess happened to me it just so happened on the day I became a grandmother. All those symptoms made me feel instantly yucky. That was because I didnít know about the abscess. Phew! Thought that was what being a granny felt like 🤣.

Brian, how was the food?

Pam, fastest trip report! Glad you enjoyed quality time with DD.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #169
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Brian - How was the pep rally ... err I mean team building ... uuhhh meeting?

Mindy - Glad it's getting better. My last tooth issue was right before I left for Zambia last year. They had to re-do an existing root canal. Sometimes the stuff they use to fill it doesn't bond and leaves the tiniest gap for bacteria to get in. I told them I had to get it fixed before I went. I didn't want to deal with a toothache while I was there.

Today I booked our first trip to HHI. Looking forward to that!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #170
D C
Add-on Aficionado

I wonder if Brian saved the team-building poms pons to hang in his office....