home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #71
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post

I've never had to do this. However the experience of someone I know who locked their keys in their car while out of town was that a local dealership was able to get them a key that would open the door fairly quickly, but getting a key that would start the car would have been far more difficult and not something that could be done on a weekend. If I remember correctly, a key that would start the car had to be ordered. Along the same lines, I asked at my dealership just about getting an extra key when I misplaced my spare and was told they couldn't make it there, they would have to order it for me. Then they told me how much it would cost and I decided to double down on my efforts to find that spare.

I guess different car manufactures are different, but I wouldn't count on being able to get a quick replacement for a lost key.
My Lincoln is keyless as well, and I keep a close eye on that fob. Quite an expensive little toy! For opening the doors, I have the touch pad. I've paid too many locksmiths to ever buy another vehicle without that!