home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #241
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Thanks! I'm seriously considering getting iPhone lenses for the November trip and shooting exclusively in RAW using the Lightroom app rather than the standard camera app to see how far I can push the iPhone as a dSLR substitute for park days.

I was able to do some decent zoom by cropping for the parade shots, but they just aren't as sharp as they would have been with my 24-105L lens on a full frame camera.

As for clouds, I really like how the dragon lined up with the gray cloud, shooting flames at the Hall of Presidents. I would make a connection with its refurbishment, but we closed the politics thread.

Dirk
Your iPhone pix has blown me away. Seems you do not need a wide or ultra wide lens in day light, iPhone is plenty.

I just bought 7plus for DS17 with 128gb storage. Waiting for new version for my upgrade, now I will look for 128 or 256 as storage.

Samsung also has good camera, at least use to be. I will compare Samsung and iPhone and see which one is better.

For dSLR I use bag, with lens attached, very convenient to use and put away in all day travel. I have several different bag but one i can suggest you is Case Logic DSH-102 will hold 6d with 24-105 lend attached. You can find on eBay under $20.

I do not know how convenient these iPhone lens going to be, let me know if you end up buying one.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #242
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Your iPhone pix has blown me away. Seems you do not need a wide or ultra wide lens in day light, iPhone is plenty.

I just bought 7plus for DS17 with 128gb storage. Waiting for new version for my upgrade, now I will look for 128 or 256 as storage.

Samsung also has good camera, at least use to be. I will compare Samsung and iPhone and see which one is better.
I think the iPhone 7Plus camera is supposed to be best in class, or it was last fall, at least! I'd love to hear your thoughts in comparison. It does indeed take great photos in good light and decent photos in low light.

I actually do more distortion correction and sharpening with Canon RAW photos in Lightroom than with iPhone 7+ DNG photos in Lightroom. I'm not sure if that's because iPhone has already made some decision in DNG or if I just like the look better. The zoom lens on the iPhone is a definite improvement and I've gotten some decent bokeh with the Portrait mode for background blur.

So, I do like it as a camera alternative, very much.

Quote:
For dSLR I use bag, with lens attached, very convenient to use and put away in all day travel. I have several different bag but one i can suggest you is Case Logic DSH-102 will hold 6d with 24-105 lend attached. You can find on eBay under $20.
I've never look at holster bags, but I just checked it out on B&H - it would definitely be worth looking at when I don't to do lens changes, or if Jim is taking the backpack and I can just put an extra lens in there. I like the way the Case Logic hangs on the body - seems like it would be pretty comfortable of most of the day. I normally use a black rapid shoulder strap, which can take up room when stowing a camera. What strap do you use?

Otherwise, I use the Lowepro Slingshot 201AW, which is better for non-park touring than for in-park touring.

Quote:
I do not know how convenient these iPhone lens going to be, let me know if you end up buying one.
Yeah - the phone would have to be out of its case, and I'd have to add the lens each time I wanted to take a shot or just carry the phone in my hands with the lens on it. Plus, the form factor changes with every upgrade, or nearly every upgrade, so do I want to keep investing in iPhone lenses or just accept that the phone is what it is and force myself to be creative within its parameters - which also results in great shots. Just different than I might have done with the dSLR.

Dirk
Old 06-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #243
Jay324
Grand Villa

Thanks for taking the time in writing the TR for it really sounds like great trip. The photos are also amazing....maybe I should check out your recommended book Understanding Exposure for I just grip it and rip it when it comes to taking pictures.

Really love the picture of everyone at Palo for you all look great... a true vacation mode shot.

I haven't been around much lately...life gets in the way sometimes but it is really nice to come back and read such a great TR with the driving forces of MO (Kim, Eric, Dirk and Jim) being the stars of the show.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #244
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I'm taking this itinerary in May and I'm using this trip report like a Frommer Guide.

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018