home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #111
minthorne
One Bedroom

For me it was a 'meh'
I remember see the original animated in the theatres and being blown away.
minthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #112
Alix1912
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
That version started off okay and boy did it get bad quick!

I thought the movie was cute. I liked who they did cast as the roles (particularly Luke Evans and Josh Gad - then good voices for Lumiere and Cogsworth) , I just didn't find anything to be better than the original. A little long at parts too. Not horrible, but not great. I enjoyed it more than Maleficent but less than Cinderella (have yet to see the live action Jungle Book)
I agree 100%. The wedding dress in Cinderella is literally the most beautiful dress EVER.
Alix1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #113
4boyz
One Bedroom

I love Beauty and the Beast and have to agree that this was not an improvement over the animated version. The singing was infinitely superior in the animated version. This version was just ok and I will not be buying a copy.
Even a Beauty and The Beast Christmas was better than this.
MOD#114

4boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #114
Jesper
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Am I the only one that did not care for this movie? I just watched it last night, and I would say it was OK at best. As you can tell from my pic, I am a Beauty and the Beast fan! I LOVE Josh Gad, but I didn't care for his performance in this movie as it seemed forced. Also, I am a LOR fan, so I really like Luke Evans after the Hobbit movies, but I thought he was too old for Gaston. This next comment pains me to say, but Emma Watson wasn't a good choice for Belle IMO. Belle is supposed to be charming, and I found her performance to be too sulky for me. I didn't think she was charming at all. This really pains me because I'm a a huge Harry Potter fan and loved her as Hermione. I think what killed me what that I was expecting a different story like The Jungle Book (didn't love it but appreciated a new story) or Maleficent (which I absolutely LOVED), and this was just the cartoon, more or less, put to live action. I know that others will have strong oppositional feelings to my review. I'm ready.
We bought Moana on Blu Ray the same week we went to see BATB. After watching BATB I looked forward to going home and watch Moana for the second time. BATB was ok, but not in the same class as the original.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #115
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I found it to be an excellent Disney live-action interpretation of the original amazing Disney animated film. To me, that's the only comparison I feel needs to be done.

Certainly not worth getting upset or arguing over. Enjoyable entertainment, no matter the form, works quite well for me.

As for the songs, the additional new songs were definitely a plus. And I'll never complain about any version of the title song as long as it retains its original feel.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #116
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I found it to be an excellent Disney live-action interpretation of the original amazing Disney animated film. To me, that's the only comparison I feel needs to be done.

Certainly not worth getting upset or arguing over. Enjoyable entertainment, no matter the form, works quite well for me.

As for the songs, the additional new songs were definitely a plus. And I'll never complain about any version of the title song as long as it retains its original feel.
I agree. In fact, I enjoyed the movie more the second time I watched it. When I saw it the second time there was no tendency to make a comparison and I just enjoyed it. (I enjoyed it the first time as well, but did notice I like it more the second time around).
Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #117
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Still waiting for it on Netflix, and interesting to see such mixed reviews.

I like Emma Watson- just don't know how she'll do in thus.

The Olaf guy was OK in Frozen, but not particularly memorable or distinguishable from other "sing in animated films" folks, so not sure what to expect besides generic.

And don't know who Luke Evans really is, so no idea what to expect.

But the story is a good one, so holding out hope.

Cheers.