home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Bibbity Bobbity Buying
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #61
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm taking my chances. We'll be at the SSR bus stop at 6:30 and will take what comes. We should be at AK no later than 7:15, earlier if buses start before 7:00. It seems like things have settled down a wee-bit.

Dirk
What is this we'll stuff? Thought Jim was staying back to man the shop?

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #62
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

We were there the same week in June KJJ was. Banshees sold out before we got one as well. We are hoping that when we get back in October we will be able to get one for each daughter.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #63
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
What is this we'll stuff? Thought Jim was staying back to man the shop?
Our friends from Fort Lauderdale.

Dirk
Old 07-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #64
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Our friends from Fort Lauderdale.

Dirk
ah, ok. Have a great trip

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #65
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
I'm taking my chances. We'll be at the SSR bus stop at 6:30 and will take what comes. We should be at AK no later than 7:15, earlier if buses start before 7:00. It seems like things have settled down a wee-bit.

Dirk
That is what I did.....Catch the first bus of the morning.....Or for $20, Minnie Van or for $10 Uber.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:33 PM   #66
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
That is what I did.....Catch the first bus of the morning.....Or for $20, Minnie Van or for $10 Uber.
Minnie Van is from Boardwalk, I believe, and we're at SSR. Maybe they'll expand by Monday! Lyft will be a real possibility. I'm going with two Uber-haters.

Dirk
Old 07-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #67
DVCsnaillady2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We just returned from a week and went to AK twice. On Monday the 17th extra magic hours we went directly to Windtraders at opening and were the 2nd to purchase a Banshee (ironically enough promptly named Pandora by my daughter). Lines were long by the afternoon but they didn't sell out. We returned on Friday the 21st and though stocks were low (much less banshees on perches in the area), they were still selling and not out of stock!

The Banshee was a huge hit with my 7yo. I had to restrain her from bringing her to the other parks! And we didn't realize they had an on-off switch for sound until we got back home!

The shoulder perch works well--even on my slim 7yo. The magnets worked through her shoulder bag webbing (the day we bought it she was wearing a strap top, though her narrower shoulder made her want to hold it. It stays much better with a short sleeved shirt. Though again, it fit better on my shoulder than on hers.

The perch (an additional $20 but at least eligible for discounts--banshees are NOT--AP nor DVC!) is a bit of a pain, to be honest. Very fiddly to get the magnets to match up. Very cute when on it, though. We carried it home in carryon and the perch triggered a baggage search, though.

They are all out of FOP pins if you are into them--in fact, all the Banshee pins were out of stock in Windtraders. I had to order them online to add to our collection.
DVCsnaillady2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #68
Jedimom3
One Bedroom

Banshees were plentiful this morning! DS and DD each adopted. It was our first stop after the mad FoP rush. We had it delivered to the front of park for pickup so we wouldn't have to carry it around. That worked great. DS is having a little trouble keeping it on his shoulder, he's pretty small for his age, but he's loving it. They are still debating names.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #69
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Wow. I didn't read this thread until after our visit last week to WDW. I had no idea these were selling like hot cakes.

The kids got 2 banshees Weds, 7/26. We bought them around Noon. Glad that they had them.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote