home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Default Have A Stupid Question? 2018 Edition

We would like to try for a DVC room in the Wilderness Lodge portion - not the DVC portion. I can tell when I do this at AK because of the Jambo designation. If I request a studio using the Cabin and Wilderness Lodge selection will we be in the Lodge? Are all the walk-in showers HA rooms?
Old 01-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
We would like to try for a DVC room in the Wilderness Lodge portion - not the DVC portion. I can tell when I do this at AK because of the Jambo designation. If I request a studio using the Cabin and Wilderness Lodge selection will we be in the Lodge? Are all the walk-in showers HA rooms?
There are DVC rooms at Jambo- though I think they're all on the higher floors. Are you sure you are booking a non-DVC room at Jambo?

Direct (or grandfathered resale) owners can book in non-DVC resorts/rooms, but I believe the point value isn't as good. I don't think you can do it through the online DVC app but have to call. But I've not done so myself, so I'm sure someone else can weigh in with more details.

Edit: nevermind, self-correcting my misreading of your post. You know you're in main lodge at AKV when you get a Jambo room because you know the DVC rooms in Jambo are on the higher floors at the main AKV lodge. I'm not sure if Wilderness Lodge has a similar designation you can use. Hopefully someone more helpful than me can weigh in

Last edited by cornbread4; 01-01-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: misread question
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
As I understand it the Copper Creek rooms are all converted from the Wilderness Lodge portion of the hotel.
At 39 to 69 points per hotel room, wouldn't it be more economical to book one or two studios or a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek depending on how many queen beds you need.
(two studios=30 to 48 points vs. 2 BD 37 to 63 points which is still below the standard room point use).
I understand from your last trip report that a walk-in shower for DW would be preferred so you can request it (but no guarantee). I have had luck with faxing a request directly to the facility. CCV Fax: (407) 824 -3232
The 2 BD DVC-CCV has a lock-off and walk-in shower designation to book.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
As I understand it the Copper Creek rooms are all converted from the Wilderness Lodge portion of the hotel.
At 39 to 69 points per hotel room, wouldn't it be more economical to book one or two studios or a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek depending on how many queen beds you need.
(two studios=30 to 48 points vs. 2 BD 37 to 63 points which is still below the standard room point use).
I understand from your last trip report that a walk-in shower for DW would be preferred so you can request it (but no guarantee). I have had luck with faxing a request directly to the facility. CCV Fax: (407) 824 -3232
The 2 BD DVC-CCV has a lock-off and walk-in shower designation to book.
For clarity -- selecting a CC studio means we're in WL
Old 01-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes. CC villas are on the main lodge building. BRV is the separate DVC building.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Thanks everyone. ajc the CC studio is 17 to 21 points in the summer.

Does anyone know if the walk-in shower is an indication of an HA room?
Old 01-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

No. It's the new Disney thing to put only showers in some rooms. They are not HA indicative although I'm sure one or two are just as one or two with tubs are.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #8
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:

I was only quoting 2 studios in case you were looking for two queen beds.
I may have misunderstood the room request as a Wilderness Lodge hotel room (which can be obtained on DVC points at a premium point use) vs CCV studio.
There is a dedicated option with a walk-in shower for the studio if desired but don't know if is specific to HA.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
To clarify - Boulder Ridge Villas is the original DVC building - previously known as Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins has the converted hotel rooms inside the main WL building.

Just like booking Jambo or Kidani at AKL by booking either BRV or CCV you will know which building you are in.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #10
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Default AP voucher

Been a few weeks, but ordered APs...they show up online just fine. Wife mentioned yesterday that we never got anything in the mail...??
So, what do I show them at the window when I want to get my real passes? Do I have to be all modern and show them the email I got or something.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote