home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
Ummm, isn't it advised to ALWAYS have your door latched when in a hotel room? Especially if I am napping.

Maybe it's just my experience traveling alone as a woman, but it's a habit to latch my hotel room door at all times when I am in the room and to never open without verifying who is at the door.

I suppose at Disney people probably let down their guard.
It is, but if you are with others they may not be napping too. Or in the mornings I may be getting ready and DH will go get some food or coffee. He'd like to be able to get back into the room and I'd also like him to get back into the room.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Depends upon just who the others are

Cheers.
I was thinking of myself being locked out by others
Old 11-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #23
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Even before this situation was created I have had a bad time napping in the room - just cannot relax. Now when I feel a need for an PM break we go to the pool - for some reason I can sleep there (my BH's job is to jab me when my snoring becomes too loud ). I should say I can sleep in the lounger areas where the loungers are 3 and 4 rows deep (I don't know why).
Old 11-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #24
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I was thinking of myself being locked out by others
Perhaps they were as well. Just sayin'

Cheers.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #25
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
Ummm, isn't it advised to ALWAYS have your door latched when in a hotel room? Especially if I am napping.

Maybe it's just my experience traveling alone as a woman, but it's a habit to latch my hotel room door at all times when I am in the room and to never open without verifying who is at the door.

I suppose at Disney people probably let down their guard.
I typically don't think of doing it, but mrs. brp usuallyu does. Only at night, however. We're not usually in the room much in the day, and just don't think to do it then when we are.

Cheers.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #26
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Even before this situation was created I have had a bad time napping in the room - just cannot relax. Now when I feel a need for an PM break we go to the pool - for some reason I can sleep there (my BH's job is to jab me when my snoring becomes too loud ). I should say I can sleep in the lounger areas where the loungers are 3 and 4 rows deep (I don't know why).
No one napping in our room this afternoon. Wedding reception on the green right outside of our room. Far, far, far too much noise for anyone to nap.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #27
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Perhaps they were as well. Just sayin'

Cheers.
I'd like to see them try... I'm the one who has all the log in/booking ability/info so without me they are lost

When I travel alone I always latch it though. Might just be a woman traveling alone thing, but I prefer my privacy and safety. Other locations I put up the DND sign and don't want them in my room at all until I leave if possible.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #28
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This seems the pretty simple thing to do. If people are really concerned about people walking in when they're in the room, put on the latch. Not justifying what the WDW employees are doing here, but folks also have to take responsibility when such an easy remedy exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
The latch isn't helpful when others are out of the room though. That's why I want them to really pay attention to the sign.
Have family member call you.

I think you cannot predict a pattern with the employees. Maintenance do seem faster than housekeeping. I have encountered housekeeping that come in -"think someone is in bedroom" and not clean, while others are reporting they walk in on you. So, seems to be no rhyme or reason. I have those who just don't clean - skip altogether. And, if you forget sign, they forget you!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post

Have family member call you.

I think you cannot predict a pattern with the employees. Maintenance do seem faster than housekeeping. I have encountered housekeeping that come in -"think someone is in bedroom" and not clean, while others are reporting they walk in on you. So, seems to be no rhyme or reason. I have those who just don't clean - skip altogether. And, if you forget sign, they forget you!
Someone was taking a nap while I was at the pool. If I wanted to get back in while they were in their room sleeping, calling would disturb them just as much.

No win situation sometimes.

Then again I also don't take my phone to the pool... I usually use that time to charge it if needed.