home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Default When it makes sense to buy an AP

An Annual Pass is a Disney World lover’s dream come true… visit the parks as often as I want for a whole year? Yes, please! While an AP isn’t cheap, buying one might actually save you money depending on several factors. Leah has done the math and explains when it makes sense to take the leap and buy an Annual Pass at Disney World. Read More here: https://www.resalesdvc.com/makes-sense-buy-annual-pass/

What do you think? Annual Passes or as-you-go tickets?
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

For me, the AP makes more sense. Not only does it give me the opportunity to take random breaks from reality throughout the year, but the discounts are nice too! I order several times per year through the shop parks app, and I get the AP discount. Even my beloved D&B Beauty and the Beast bag was at the discounted AP rate. About to take our second trip on the current PAP, so we might actually hit a water park this time!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
For me, the AP makes more sense. Not only does it give me the opportunity to take random breaks from reality throughout the year, but the discounts are nice too! I order several times per year through the shop parks app, and I get the AP discount. Even my beloved D&B Beauty and the Beast bag was at the discounted AP rate. About to take our second trip on the current PAP, so we might actually hit a water park this time!
20% off in the Disney Parks App is certainly worth it!
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

The AP is one of the best perks of DVC ownership.

Rule of thumb is is you are doing two trips in a year of 5 days or if you are doing a trip 10 days or more, then the AP is a no brainer.

The AP gives you access to TiW, is is not a good a deal as it use to be. But still saves you money if you eat at Table Service locations often.

Also, once you get an annual pass, the renewal makes the original AP purchase an even better deal.

I have been an Annual Pass since 2006 and never regretted it once.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Preaching to the choir here I think. APs make sense for the vast majority of DVC owners. One trip of 8 days or more, or two or more trips of any reasonable length. And you don't have to worry about park hopping or other nonsense. I sometimes forget that the AP makes me eligible for my Tables in Wonderland card, and even if you don't get one, DVC + AP still gives you a lot of restaurant discounts.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
reblzmom
Grand Villa

We have bought them the last several years since we have been making more than one trip per year. It is just like owning DVC - once you have a pass it makes it easy to decide on another trip!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

With the Gold or became a no brainer to get. The renewal rate is about a 6-7 day park hopper with no discounts (7-8 from UT). If we know we'll go for that we will renew. Then any other trip added in would be a bonus for us.

Some years it is s huge saver for us and others it's a small savings but still cheaper so we'll keep doing it until we will going at least once a year. We've had that happen in the past due to job changes where I stopped getting one. But it was just a year or twice off here or there since 2002.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #8
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

Don't forget: If you value the discounts/TIW/free parking (for non-DVC trips)/photos the AP can often make sense even if just buying for one person in your party.

Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #9
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Yeah, we do APs now all the time, but dont' renew every year. We make it our 'year of Disney, ' and go as much as possible. We'll have 4 trips under our AP when we take our last one in May. Discounts are great!

But then we'll take a break, probably not back until late 2019 or 2020......no idea what we'll do! will be looking for vacation ideas....DC maybe
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Yeah, we do APs now all the time, but dont' renew every year. We make it our 'year of Disney, ' and go as much as possible. We'll have 4 trips under our AP when we take our last one in May. Discounts are great!

But then we'll take a break, probably not back until late 2019 or 2020......no idea what we'll do! will be looking for vacation ideas....DC maybe
We were actually going to take a break this year and I was scoping out the Disney cruises. But then the PAP offer came out and DH decided that he would be willing to do a short trip this year. So back to the parks. I don’t know what is in store yet for 2019. Maybe a cruise then? DD is really helping me push the cruise, so we’ll see...