home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: I recommend:
the MK specialty fireworks cruise without sound 0 0%
the MK specialty fireworks cruise with sound 10 45.45%
the Epcot Illuminations fireworks cruise 7 31.82%
Not doing any of the cruises 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #31
Quellman
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I figured for Epcot I could get away without the added cost of sound, but for MK I would need sound. I am looking at Dec, so I was wondering if it may be a bit cold for MK?
No need for sound at EPCOT, since you are in the park. At Magic Kingdom, you are outside the park, so that is the reason for sound. You could potentially try to sync the soundtrack up with your phone. I would rather do EPCOT, since at Magic Kingdom you won't see any of the animations on the castle, and you could potentially also visit Top of the World lounge (subject to blackout dates) and see much more. But again, I understand it is the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Did you think that was more kids oriented? We are all adults.
I read a review from Kenny the Pirate and character locator. The Pirates and Pals is more kid centric, but that he as a single guy did fine. They have three charaters to meet and greet, candy and sweets desserts before hand. A trivia session on the boat, and toys as prizes.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #32
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

We did the MK cruise for Wishes once. No blankets, chips and sodas was all for snacks. My mother froze! So not exactly the greatest experience but I might have still recommended it. But HEA relies so much on the castle projections and I don't think it's the same without seeing them.

So of the choices I'd say Illuminations for a special treat. I've been in dessert parties twice in that lower tier area which is almost identical to the view from the boats. Really have watched from right next to the boats and I think it's a great place to see them from.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #33
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

We've done the IllumiNations cruise 3 times - twice on the Breathless (not even sure that's an option anymore) and once on a pontoon when we had 10 in our group.

It was amazing!!! I'd highly recommend doing this!

(We've never done the MK cruise so I can't speak to that one.)

Enjoy whichever one you choose!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #34
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Tough call! Sounds like they are both great! I am leaning towards the MK fireworks...and then someone writes about how fabulous the Epcot boat was! Decisions!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #35
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Sorry!!!

Flip a coin! No bad choice!!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #36
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
Sorry!!!

Flip a coin! No bad choice!!
It may come to that!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #37
richviii
One Bedroom

Any more recent reviews? Considering booking for our November trip since we are never in town on a Wednesday. Thank you!

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #38
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Any more recent reviews? Considering booking for our November trip since we are never in town on a Wednesday. Thank you!
We did the pirate cruise recently and would highly recommend it if you have young children who like PP and/or pirates
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #39
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Here is the video of the Mickey's not so scary fireworks that I took when we did our private Cruise. We really enjoy it the pontoon boat is nice and you get alot of snacks and as other said the more people the cheaper it is, Also keep in mind that for the Big fireworks like 4 of July and New Year's they do a test run the night before so it's at lower rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnrNhz1TNo
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #40
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
We did the pirate cruise recently and would highly recommend it if you have young children who like PP and/or pirates
Just wondering do you get to go with them or is it just for the kids? I was under the impression that it was Kids Only
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote