home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Default Holiday gold pass blackout

Friend of mine just got back from Easter weekend trip. One had 4 days left on an old non expiring ticket, her husband had no ticket. They usually buy AP's but aren't sure when there going back since they did a big family trip and borrowed all there points for next year. Her husband purchased a 4 day hopper and on the last day went to the ticket window after they were finished going to the parks and was able to upgrade his ticked to a gold annual pass with his full 4 day hopper ticket price credited to the cost. This skirted the black out. He was advised to do this from the workers at the ticket window.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Yep! Works well if you aren't going during another blackout time later in the year.

DL takes it a step further. You can go buy one of the AP's with a blackout date on a blackout date and they'll give you a day pass into the park. Or you can upgrade a ticket as your friend did.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
JFDeblois
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Do you know if we can use a ticket toward a renewal of AP? Our current AP (no black out dates) expire on Dec 30 and we want to renew for a Gold, but we will not be allowed to enter the parcs on Dec 31 and Jan 1st...
JFDeblois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDeblois View Post
Do you know if we can use a ticket toward a renewal of AP? Our current AP (no black out dates) expire on Dec 30 and we want to renew for a Gold, but we will not be allowed to enter the parcs on Dec 31 and Jan 1st...
Good question! I've heard you can use a ticket towards a renewal but that was always just getting credit for an unused one.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
typh22
Studio

Now that is a very useful tip. Thanks!!
typh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #6
yeahdisney1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I thought of this last week. We will go into the park dec 31 with an existing 3 day ticket; that needs to be upgraded to a 7 day hopper ticket. I was thinking about actually making it an annual pass using the DVC discount and we would be pass the blackout date if we updated Jan 1. Plus would get memory maker.
yeahdisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #7
CaptnJackSparrow
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Friend of mine just got back from Easter weekend trip. One had 4 days left on an old non expiring ticket, her husband had no ticket. They usually buy AP's but aren't sure when there going back since they did a big family trip and borrowed all there points for next year. Her husband purchased a 4 day hopper and on the last day went to the ticket window after they were finished going to the parks and was able to upgrade his ticked to a gold annual pass with his full 4 day hopper ticket price credited to the cost. This skirted the black out. He was advised to do this from the workers at the ticket window.

Wow honestly prob one of the best Disney tips I think I have ever heard lol!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdisney1 View Post
I thought of this last week. We will go into the park dec 31 with an existing 3 day ticket; that needs to be upgraded to a 7 day hopper ticket. I was thinking about actually making it an annual pass using the DVC discount and we would be pass the blackout date if we updated Jan 1. Plus would get memory maker.
I went last Dec with a cash reservation. We upgraded to AP on the 3rd day. Memory maker was NOT active for first 2 days because pass hadn't been upgraded yet.

Last edited by FessParker1; 04-06-2018 at 07:38 AM.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote