home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: I recommend:
the MK specialty fireworks cruise without sound 0 0%
the MK specialty fireworks cruise with sound 10 45.45%
the Epcot Illuminations fireworks cruise 7 31.82%
Not doing any of the cruises 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #11
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I figured for Epcot I could get away without the added cost of sound, but for MK I would need sound. I am looking at Dec, so I was wondering if it may be a bit cold for MK?
Our captain had lot's of warm blankets for us. We did it in February and it wasn't the best weather. We still had a blast!
Old 06-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I did the MK Wishes cruise once and hated it. Illuminations looks like you could be cramped under the bridge behind another boat. Can't be bothered. The fireworks look and sound so great from so many other places.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #13
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I read a review recently of a fireworks cruise and it was not good.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/re...magic-kingdom/
Old 06-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #14
noreen99
Two Bedroom

For years the only way we would do the fireworks at MK or Epcot was with the private pontoon boat cruises -

Have to say that with the new fireworks show at MK it is no longer worth it to us you miss a lot on the cruises. This last trip we decided to try the dessert instead. The MK after party was well worth every penny but we disliked the frozen dessert party (one and done for us ) and definitely go back to the pontoons again for illuminations.

If you have seen happy ever after several times but the viewing of the projections, at least IMO is what makes it so special you miss that from the pontoon boats.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I admit I am not as big of a fan of the MK fireworks, but I would absolutely consider doing a cruise from there.

We just did the Illuminations Cruise last year and seriously, best thing ever!!! I loved the little tour we had of the waters before hand. Snacks were included and I celebrated my birthday with 9 other loved ones. It just happened to be spring break and a few friends could join. It was freezing out (complete cold snap with winter like weather), but we had lots of blankets and such that were warm and cozy. We were side to side boat to boat, but not front to back. It wasn't cramped at all and the view was way better than any I have ever seen for Illuminations. Honestly totally worth it!

So whichever you decide to do, do it, and enjoy!
Old 06-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #16
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
MK with sound

Agreed.

Have done this a handful of times, well worthwhile in my opinion.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #17
BobParr
One Bedroom

Haven't done it, but I wouldn't do the fireworks without sound. We stayed at the Poly a month or so ago, and watching the fireworks from the pool was wonderful...and they piped in the music/narrative. Much more enjoyable than without.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #18
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
We did the MK cruise leaving from the Grand Floridian for my wife's 40th birthday and it's up there with her favorite Disney memories. We had champagne, a happy birthday banner and balloons, and an awesome captain. I couldn't recommend it more!
Thank you!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #19
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Our captain had lot's of warm blankets for us. We did it in February and it wasn't the best weather. We still had a blast!

Good to know. I don't think it mentions blankets. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #20
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I did the MK Wishes cruise onchttp://www.mouseowners.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1469988e and hated it. Illuminations looks like you could be cramped under the bridge behind another boat. Can't be bothered. The fireworks look and sound so great from so many other places.
I want this to be a surprise and posed a question as if I were getting FP to the others in my family. They opted for Epcot. I had the same opinion about being cramped. Someone else mentioned the view may not be as good due to being low. I am leaning towards MK despite their vote. I think they will be happy in the end.