home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
beachclubmum
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Okay, I'll request second floor. Thanks Raj

Do you know if there are any tennis courts at HHI? (I'm wondering if my daughter can warm up with my SIL, who is ranked tennis player and can give her some tips).

Goldi
Which tennis tournament is you dd playing in? We did juniors tennis for years with my DS, including trips to HH. He also spent a couple of summers training at Smith Stearns.

Unfortunately, our tournament warm up courts were private courts in sea pines, so no help there. Hope you have a great week though!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #12
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink Thanks syndrome

Ill bring my old magic band to try.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #13
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Beachclubmum

My daughter plays in millikin university team.

I dont know where the tournamnet is being hosted yet.

Hopefully coach will let us know soon

Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 02-14-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #14
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Just to clarify and correct ......
YES, if you already have Magic Bands they WILL work at HHI .
We are owners at HHI, and have done it MANY times.
The bands (providing you already have them), will open the vehicle gate, your room, and beach house gates (entry to the beach house from the parking area and the beach) .
They will NOT work for charging purposes, nor will they give you magic bands when you check in . They will give you room cards .

Magic Bands WILL work at HHI for most things except charging to the room .

Been there ......done that.

(We have also used our "length of stay mugs" from WDW during a WDW /HHI split stay all the way up to HHI, and the mugs worked just fine at HHI !)
And you were holding all this information for so long, were have you been? Lurking is not good, got to keep expressing your view/expertise. Welcome back.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #15
sirjr
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hhi

HHI is one of the best places for bike riding. Unless you need to get to an event in a hurry, bicycling is the best way to enjoy HHI once you are on the island. Disney rents bikes or you can rent from one of the numerous bike rental companies. We've used Hilton Head Bike Company in the past. Taking the Disney shuttle(or you can bike it!) across the road to the beach house facility gives you access to the lap pool and beach access.
Harbor Town is a great place for a 1/2 day excursion. Make sure to go into light house.
For breakfast, try to visit Harold's (a unique experience) or Stack's. Dinner we like Stellini's.
You'll have not shortage of supermarkets on HHI. I've walked to Kroeger from Disney.
Disney's a great location on HHI!
sirjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #16
DisneyEater
Grand Villa

I would suggest hanging is Charleston if you have some time. Love Charleston and food is amazing. Also Savannah is like 45 minutes from HHI and another great place to eat/drink/walk around. As far as on HHI, there are a ton of restaurants and bars close by.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #17
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink Thank u all

For all the suggestions

I am so excited. Goldi
Old 02-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #18
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
And you were holding all this information for so long, were have you been? Lurking is not good, got to keep expressing your view/expertise. Welcome back.
Yea, sorry been a little busy latey .........
Just got back from Copper Creek .......that was fantastic . Going back down to Poly in 2 weeks also . Then Copper Creek and Vero beach in September with our first grandbaby's , first disney trip !

Another HHI tip for you Goldie .......
If you want to make any requests like Marsh View or something , call the resort directly. The CM's there are great , and we have always got our requests when calling the resort instead of DVC MS .

Our favorite location is building 14 or 15 TOP floor. Those buildings have the 2nd bedroom balconies as well as the main balconies, and are marsh view . Very close to the front of the resort , shuttle etc. Just a bit of a walk to the pool . Buildings 14 and 15 are usually allocated for cash stays, so often times they are available as a request. Also, since they are usually allocated for cash stays , we have found they are kept in tip top condition.

Also, here is a little tip for Magic Bands for anybody wondering . They also work at Vero beach ! Again, just not for charging purposes .

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #19
TW1
Founding Member

There are tennis courts a short walk/bike away from from the resort. Not sure if there are restricted to residents of the condos, but we've used them. So, I guess I could be a rule breaker.

[IMG][/IMG]
TW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Y Then Copper Creek and Vero beach in September with our first grandbaby's , first disney trip !
Awww.....that will be so special! We love taking the grandkids.....it will have you appreciate visiting Disney at a different level.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 02-16-2018 at 10:41 AM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote