home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #21
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

I do have to book three passes for the same park though. Correct? I am trying to figure out how this will work since all our dining is booked. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
I do have to book three passes for the same park though. Correct? I am trying to figure out how this will work since all our dining is booked. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.
You do not have to do three. You cannot do another park in advance (can the day of though) if you do one park, but you can definitely pick one in a park and add to it later.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #23
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
The fastpass+ selections made for each day all have to be in the same park. Once you've used your three selections, you can then add one FP at a time using the app or a kiosk. This FP is sometimes referred to as "day of" fastpass. It can be at a different park.

So if you start your day at DAK and get FP+ for FOP, EE and safari -- once you tap your magic band for the last ride, get on your phone and see what else is available, either at DAK or another park.

*ETA -- you don't have to actually select three FP+. You could just book FOP ahead of time, and then start attempting your "day of" FP selections. Although, there are some rules that affect the Tier 1/Tier 2 stuff -- and I can't remember if you have to actually use your Tier 2 selections before booking other day of FPs. I think you have to book and use the tier 2 selections at the same park before you can book another tier 1, but I might be wrong about that.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:45 AM   #24
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
The fastpass+ selections made for each day all have to be in the same park. Once you've used your three selections, you can then add one FP at a time using the app or a kiosk. This FP is sometimes referred to as "day of" fastpass. It can be at a different park.

So if you start your day at DAK and get FP+ for FOP, EE and safari -- once you tap your magic band for the last ride, get on your phone and see what else is available, either at DAK or another park.

*ETA -- you don't have to actually select three FP+. You could just book FOP ahead of time, and then start attempting your "day of" FP selections. Although, there are some rules that affect the Tier 1/Tier 2 stuff -- and I can't remember if you have to actually use your Tier 2 selections before booking other day of FPs. I think you have to book and use the tier 2 selections at the same park before you can book another tier 1, but I might be wrong about that.
You have to use 2 tier 2 fps before booking another tier 1 at the same park.

You don't have to use any tier 2 fps before booking a tier 1 at a different park.

And if you don't book all 3 fps in advance, you can book the remaining 1 or 2 "advance" fps once you use the ones booked ahead. So book FoP, then decide whether to stay in AK and try for Dinosaur and Kali, or to jump to Epcot and book FEA and Imagination.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #25
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Wow - FP+ times go fast for Thanksgiving Week.

We arrive Monday, 11/20 and I couldn't get FoP until Saturday, 11/25.

Frozen and 7 Dwarfs also were very tight. I'm thinking Disney needs to get some popular new stuff online . . .

Now, for online check-in:
It never remembers my cell phone even though it's in my profile for notifications. Yet, it remembers my email address of notifications. I never seem to get mobile texts, but I do get the emails, even though I have both information entered.

It did not remember my credit card this time, though it usually does.

I could not make any room requests. The drop down menus were blank. Pffft. IT Error. Not user error.

All I want is to note Congress Park. Grrr. At least with Preferred I know it's either Congress Park or Springs. I'll watch it a couple of days to see if tech is fixed and call MS if I have to.

Oh, and under my ticket list, it said there was an error retrieving my tickets, with apologies that they weren't listed. But they all were. Unless I have more tickets of which I'm unaware? Hmmm . . .

LOVE Disney IT!

Dirk

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 09-21-2017 at 09:02 AM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #26
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I could not make any room requests. The drop down menus were blank. Pffft. IT Error. Not user error.

All I want is to note Congress Park. Grrr. At least with Preferred I know it's either Congress Park or Springs. I'll watch it a couple of days to see if tech is fixed and call MS if I have to.
This has been an issue for a little while now. Even if MS adds requests, they won't show. They are apparently still there as we booked a room at SSR for some friends and I had MS note Grandstand/Near Transportation and that's what they got.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #27
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Frozen and 7 Dwarfs also were very tight. I'm thinking Disney needs to get some popular new stuff online . . .

It never remembers my cell phone even though it's in my profile for notifications. Yet, it remembers my email address of notifications. I never seem to get mobile texts, but I do get the emails, even though I have both information entered.

Oh, and under my ticket list, it said there was an error retrieving my tickets, with apologies that they weren't listed. But they all were. Unless I have more tickets of which I'm unaware? Hmmm . . .

LOVE Disney IT!

Dirk
I was getting the ticket error a couple of nights ago and began counting tickets for our group. Don't think there was anything missing but disliked getting that message. And I have had tickets disappear and then reappear.

For your request you can also pop off a quick email to MS. It's a good way to get requests added and not have to hold.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #28
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

LOVE Disney IT!

Dirk
We had such issues with room requests too online. Now really I don't care much about where we stay in general. I might do "top floor" or "close to transportation" depending on who we are with. In June we had those same kind of issues. Then it would forget when I could get them to work. Or so it seemed. It wouldn't show but apparently it was in the system.

I recommend sending an e-mail or chat with room requests. They can help with that.

I also had an issue linking my son's AP voucher. Gave me an error saying I couldn't do it, but it went through. I think the system sometimes needs a cup of coffee
Old 09-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #29
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Booked FP immediately at 60 days for next month and couldn't get one until day 4 ...

ME ,DH , DS23 : , DD21 , DD13
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #30
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We had such issues with room requests too online. Now really I don't care much about where we stay in general. I might do "top floor" or "close to transportation" depending on who we are with. In June we had those same kind of issues. Then it would forget when I could get them to work. Or so it seemed. It wouldn't show but apparently it was in the system.

I recommend sending an e-mail or chat with room requests. They can help with that.

I also had an issue linking my son's AP voucher. Gave me an error saying I couldn't do it, but it went through. I think the system sometimes needs a cup of coffee
Usually we get our requests, often right down to the exact room I hoped we would get. For this trip, my real priority is Congress Park. Close to ice machine is a bonus, but Jim is with me, so it wonít matter to me regardless.

Actually, I think if I request close to elevator that will get me reasonably close to ice machine. I just hate the studios that are on the far left end when the ice machine is on the far right end! Donít really care what floor. Elevator or stairs isnít a problem at SSR usually.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote