home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #301
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Evening everyone. Just passing through. Still adjusting to this everyday work thing. I am i n charge of all bookwork, which means seven days a week I have things to do. Having a blast and doing very well though.

Hang tough Kelly

I have a story, I'll start by saying we have school here until June 22nd, the Friday after Father's day. Cat may have finals and no way Mary can take off, so I booked Friday night, through Sunday night. Why? because that is what I want to do for Father's Day. We will get home about 1 AM Sunday night? Monday AM and everyone will go to school.

So I cal and ask my Dad if he wants to go, absolutely, I'll go early int he week and meet you. Then call my sister to ask if Anyone in there Family wants to go:

"No one is going to Disney for Father's day, I am having C's birthday that day!' C is my five year old nephew. My Parents are divorced so she essentially has a Dad, a stepdad and a FIL to see that day, if she so chooses. So her thought process is if I have Cooper's birthday that day I only have to entertain once, don't have to leave my house and see everyone. Well that is a nice idea if all The Fathers want to watch C open his gifts, then play while our Father's day is pushed to the side for his celebration. Well I said F that, I'm going to Disney!

So what do you think friends? And let me just say that what I said above is spot on, they hate entertaining and hate going to multiple places. Also let me say that they will order Pizza and penne ala vodka, and that will be it. No BBQ for Father's day, Ludicrous!! So while it is convenient for them, I am a Dad, and want to do what I would like on Father's day, which happens to be drink at the pool bar Saturday and have Sunday brunch with the Mad Hatter.

Ok, fire away, honest opinions. Selfish sister, or petty Brother/Father?

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #302
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Mike, I’m with you, go to Disney. My sister would do similar... except she wouldn’t actually pay for any decent food and would “cook” something shitty. It’s your day to enjoy as you please, especially since your father wants to join as well.

Glad everything is going so well though of course sorry about that daily work thing.

Kelly, glad the bus ride was uneventful. Congratulations to your Raptors but very sorry about your Leafs.

Karl, sorry about your Pacers. My six game prediction was wrong but I still think they’ll push it to seven.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #303
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Mike, do what you want to do that day. The kid doesn't care as long as he gets a gift. You sister? Well, she can just suck it up and deal with it. If they don't like to entertain, fewer people will be better anyway.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to stop at the memorial that is right at my bus stop tomorrow morning....pay my respects....then go to work. I am trying not to watch the news...if I want details, I'll call my mom.

So good news and bad news for Toronto teams. Raptors? Yay! Jays? Boo. Leafs? Boo. TFC?...hanging in there, hope they pull this out.

Nancy, love the comment about the trailer. They could also keep it for company

I put the games on and kept flipping back and forth as I was working. Three hours of writing cheques...uggg....but I am mostly done! Maybe I can file my tax returns and finish page 7 tomorrow....that is what I really wanted to do as I watched the games.

I'm exhausted...time for bed.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #304
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Mike, I’m with you, go to Disney. My sister would do similar... except she wouldn’t actually pay for any decent food and would “cook” something shitty. It’s your day to enjoy as you please, especially since your father wants to join as well.

Glad everything is going so well though of course sorry about that daily work thing.

Kelly, glad the bus ride was uneventful. Congratulations to your Raptors but very sorry about your Leafs.

Karl, sorry about your Pacers. My six game prediction was wrong but I still think they’ll push it to seven.
No reason to be sorry about the Leafs. Would be nice to go to the second round., but they had a great season. Hopefully they will do even better next year.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #305
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Leafs have bug things to come

Brian, that's the thing. My dad will stay home. I don't dislike my sister, nut I dislike when she is selfish like that. She is forcing my dad to stay home, essentially, by having the party that day. And for the record, Cs birthday is the filling Wednesday so it isn't like it is that day or anything.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #306
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ah, understood. That does add to the dilemma. Still as long as Mary is on board with going I’d go. Make it special for you. Can always do something special with your father before.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote