home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
delfinavacano
Studio

Default Disney Springs hotels

Hello,

So I am thinking I will make a quick trip during spring break the week after next, possibly with my two year old. I looked at that week for DVC and only one-bedrooms are available, which is a bit excessive for the two of us. Ergo, Disney Springs hotels! (I did consider Pop Century as it does have rooms available... but... I dunno, I don't really like Pop Century's "feel". And I don't want to pony up the bucks for a moderate or deluxe for this trip, since it will only be one or two nights. I will be picking up an annual pass for myself, but I don't see any discounts for that week for Disney hotels? Unless I am missing something?)

Has anyone stayed in any? Recommend one more than another? I would like to take the shuttle to the parks, not drive, and I will probably come back for a nap, then go back out in the evening. Are they (the shuttles) fairly regular? Would Uber be a good option? Can I take a two-year old in an Uber vehicle without a carseat or do I need to find Uber vehicles with carseats? Can I take a bus from Disney Springs to the parks? (I haven't been to Disney in a couple of years now so figure things have changed.)

Thanks!
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

It is Spring Break.....Not a lot of deals.

With a 2 year old, you will need a taxi or uber with a car seat. Not all have them, you need to clarify with your request.

Hotel zone shuttles run times vary. Most have shuttles that run every hour. Miss your time, you have to wait another hour.

I am assuming you are flying in for the trip. You need to factor in transfers to your hotel from the airport.

If all things are equal or near equal, being onsite is better option, even if its not your favorite resort.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Also, if you are driving and have the annual pass, you can park for free at the parks.

You can park at Disney Springs and catch a bus to a resort, then to the parks.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
N C State Tigger
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Not sure of your dates, but there are "Spring" annual pass discounts. One ends April 8th and another begins
April 9th. There are some good deals for my dates in May, but not sure about dates in April or availability.
N C State Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
delfinavacano
Studio

Hmm, no, I will probably be there sometime between April 3 and April 6.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
Miki
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I hope you are able to secure a good deal. We did the same thing or had the same idea, a year ago, for a quick couple days. The hotel was fine. We stayed at the B resort. The restaurant lounge was good, the room nice but what I thought was a deal wasn't so much. We had a rental car, they charge for parking each day, they charge a resort fee too. By the time it all added up we would have spent the same staying at POR which I would have liked much better.

Home resorts: BLT, BWV, and VWL
Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
Mufasa3307
Studio

We stayed at Sheraton Lake Bueno Vista once (work conference). Not sure if this is considered a Disney Springs resort or not, but it was close to DS. We did not like it and will never go back. The buses did not run that often, so we took an Uber everywhere we went, including back to the airport. The hotel was just so different to a Disney resort we are used to. Next time I go back for work, we will stay at a Disney resort and just Uber to the work function for me and let the family enjoy the buses. Our kids were 2 and 4 at the time and both still nap, and it was inconvenient to not have the Disney bus service. That being said, I have a friend (non DVC owner) who loves staying at the DS hotels. He has not stayed in a DVC hotel yet either.

DH , DW , DS (3), DS (2)

OKW (2011), HHI (2013), BWV (1/2015), BLT/SSR (9/2015), BWV (8/2016), AKV (1/2017)
Mufasa3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
Joel0917
Grand Villa

I've stayed T holiday inn three times. Great pool. Great rooms. Staff is awesome. Have best western booked on points for December this year
Stayed: SSR, AKV,AKL, THV, All star music, Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR.
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
2016 - SSR/AKV and BLT
2017 BLT, SSR, AKV and coronado
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 4x
Upcoming:
July 18 - Disney Magic Barcelona
F&W - AKV
NYE - BLT
Disney Fantasy March 2019
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
delfinavacano
Studio

Talking Update: Priceline success!

Just letting y'all know, I was really debating staying off-property and so I did a BUNCH of research and discovered that Priceline Express has Disney hotels on their lists sometimes. So I went through a bunch of bidding sites that offer hints as to what hotels are... I pulled up the deals... gambled on the one I thought was probably AKL... and got it! For $249 a night! (The two Disney Springs hotels that had availability came out close with resort fees and parking fees.). What I surmise was Coronado Springs also appeared available for one night but when I extended it to two it disappeared. (It was only $92 per night.)

(I am doing a happy dance right now.)

If you aren't familiar with Priceline Express, they basically list hotels at discounted rates and give you a few details about them, but not the name. You can narrow it down by region or star rating. Hotwire does a similar thing, they actually did it before Priceline. A few years ago we got burned on a 2.5 star Hotwire listing that had bedbugs so now I never go below 3 star now.

Happy happy happy!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Glad that you got a great deal on Animal Kingdom. Being on property is the best.