home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #1
abp
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Perks for renters?

I am not a DVC member, but hope to be someday. My question is if I rent a property from a DVC owner, do I get any of their DVD perks? If so, what perks would pass onto me? Thanks a lot!
abp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by abp View Post
I am not a DVC member, but hope to be someday. My question is if I rent a property from a DVC owner, do I get any of their DVD perks? If so, what perks would pass onto me? Thanks a lot!

No, you donít get any perks. They are only available to members and need a DVC card and ID.

However, you will get free parking at the resort.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:16 AM   #3
SAMAYA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
No, you donít get any perks. They are only available to members and need a DVC card and ID.

However, you will get free parking at the resort.
I suppose to some renters they will now look at free parking as a perk and benefit by saving $24 per night, but to DVC members it's not considered a perk and hopefully never will be.

And while renters can't take advantage of any of the member perks, none of those perks come close to the benefit a renter receives with savings of up to 60% off of rack rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb
I am not a DVC member, but hope to be someday
All the best to becoming a DVC member real soon.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

dvc perks have little effect on renters. these are things you wouldn't expect at any disney property but may be of concern to owners/buyers.

you have all the advantages of staying as a guest as does owner, including extra magic hours, magic kingdom express, ability to add dining, free magic bands and ability to upload plans for fp's, dining, etc. via mydisneyexperience.com, use of all buses/monorail/boats to/from parks and disney springs.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
abp
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default DVCperks

Thank you!
abp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Another "perk" that I don't see mentioned here that renters do have is the use of the laundry rooms.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
dvc perks have little effect on renters. these are things you wouldn't expect at any disney property but may be of concern to owners/buyers.

you have all the advantages of staying as a guest as does owner, including extra magic hours, magic kingdom express, ability to add dining, free magic bands and ability to upload plans for fp's, dining, etc. via mydisneyexperience.com, use of all buses/monorail/boats to/from parks and disney springs.

Oh, that kind of perk!

The ďall the perks of staying onsiteĒ kind of perks, plus free parking.

Sorry @abp!

Although if renting at BLT, itís worth re-iterating that you do not get to go up to TOTWL. Seen a lot of renters and those booked direct with CRO try to get up.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Oh, that kind of perk!

The ďall the perks of staying onsiteĒ kind of perks, plus free parking.

Sorry @abp!

Although if renting at BLT, itís worth re-iterating that you do not get to go up to TOTWL. Seen a lot of renters and those booked direct with CRO try to get up.
That's right: no card; no entry.

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote