home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #11
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

I did the tour at DCA and somehow was able to book for 4 people less than 2 months out.

One strategy someone had was they just showed up to the tour without having been able to book the reservation in hopes that someone would be a no-show. Since there was plenty of space available, the CM told them no problem.

I thought the tour at DCA was worth going to. I would have liked to have seen more of the mechanics of the ride, but it was still fun. They did a walking tour outside (don't remember what they pointed out), but then we went inside and were the first riders of the day (middle section too). After that, we got to go behind the screen and watch the show from back there. From there, we went into the CM area and he talked about various aspects of the show and let us smell the different fragrances (they're beads).

One thing I didn't realize is that each location has a specific disney tie-in. The waterfall location is quite tricky! And there are three hidden mickey's in the show...one is obvious, a second one is fairly easy to spot, and the third one is very hard to spot.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #12
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I did the tour at DCA and somehow was able to book for 4 people less than 2 months out.

One strategy someone had was they just showed up to the tour without having been able to book the reservation in hopes that someone would be a no-show. Since there was plenty of space available, the CM told them no problem.

I thought the tour at DCA was worth going to. I would have liked to have seen more of the mechanics of the ride, but it was still fun. They did a walking tour outside (don't remember what they pointed out), but then we went inside and were the first riders of the day (middle section too). After that, we got to go behind the screen and watch the show from back there. From there, we went into the CM area and he talked about various aspects of the show and let us smell the different fragrances (they're beads).

One thing I didn't realize is that each location has a specific disney tie-in. The waterfall location is quite tricky! And there are three hidden mickey's in the show...one is obvious, a second one is fairly easy to spot, and the third one is very hard to spot.
We did the tour at DCA before they changed it and thought it was excellent. Iíve heard that they changed the tour, and it no longer goes behind the screen. Itís a shame because that was the best part of the whole thing.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #13
Lolaura84
Studio

It would be neat to go behind the screen! On my tour in January, we did not. We had a walking tour, went behind the show building, saw the scent canisters, and rode once, top row in the middle section.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #14
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
We did the tour at DCA before they changed it and thought it was excellent. I’ve heard that they changed the tour, and it no longer goes behind the screen. It’s a shame because that was the best part of the whole thing.
I did the tour in May 2018 (at DCA), and we went behind the screen. If it's changed, it would have to be within the last 6-7 weeks.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:04 PM   #15
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

Quote:
I did the tour in May 2018 (at DCA), and we went behind the screen. If it's changed, it would have to be within the last 6-7 weeks.
We did the DCA tour in August 2017 and we were told that legal had declared behind the screen off limits for non-cast members. They must have changed it back since all we did was see the outside AC units, talked about the computing power and back up systems, the VIP hallway, scent canisters and then rode the attraction.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #16
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thatís good to hear if they changed it back. I saw many reports similar to the last poster who said they werenít allowed back there anymore for legal reasons. If the screen part was added back in Iíll let my parents know so that they can do the tour when they come down to Disneyland with my family later this year. They did the WDW version of the tour in May, so for them, it would only be worth doing it again if the Disneyland one is different.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #17
bobbafett
Grand Villa

So this is the behind the scenes tour of soarn.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17, AKL 18, 18. VGF 18, VAK 18.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote