home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #21
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
I am a sucker for it...I'm still fluctuating between a couple of the restaurants. I will find out Tuesday when I book.
Yeah, if I can't get CdF I may go with Coral Reef (DDs want). Tutto Italia is on the list too. So tough but at least I know it has to be a dinner.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #22
Jillt2ph
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
So I am booking it and going with Chefs de France. Only been there once and it's probably a pretty good value.
I am jealous! I really like CdF and it was the darn CP package that hooked me on it! Another advantage to having the meal there, depending on your meal and show time, is that is the side package guests line up on to get into the theater. One of the reasons I booked there in 2015

Member since 2010
Jillt2ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #23
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
So I am booking it and going with Chefs de France. Only been there once and it's probably a pretty good value.

Nice!

Tend to go to Chefs de France on many of my trips, always have enjoyed my meals there. Plus their cheese board is a must-do for me...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #24
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Well I guess we lucked out last year. We were walking by planning on standing in the back. The standby line wasn't that long for the last show so we got in line and got seats for Kurt Russell. Waited about 15 minutes. I'm guessing that's not the norm.
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #25
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Well I guess we lucked out last year. We were walking by planning on standing in the back. The standby line wasn't that long for the last show so we got in line and got seats for Kurt Russell. Waited about 15 minutes. I'm guessing that's not the norm.
No, don't think it is. I was at back for Chandra Wilson and couldn't even barely see through all the folks standing there, let alone get a seat.

LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Old 07-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I think it's quite possible for the last show of the night. The first is difficult.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #27
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

It depends. If middle of the week and you are ok sneaking in and finding a seat in last few rows or standing and listening from the top, then you can take a chance.

But if on Thurs-Sun you will likely not get a seat at any showing anymore.

We actually like the Via Napoli reservation. Did Biergarten last time and would not do that again.

Would do Rose and Crown...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #28
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
It depends. If middle of the week and you are ok sneaking in and finding a seat in last few rows or standing and listening from the top, then you can take a chance.

But if on Thurs-Sun you will likely not get a seat at any showing anymore.

We actually like the Via Napoli reservation. Did Biergarten last time and would not do that again.

Would do Rose and Crown...
We did Biergarten lunch the one time we've done the CP package. And we just had dinner there last trip and it was disappointing so it's off my list for a while. Saw Susan Lucci the one time we went. She was fantastic. DH mentioned R&C and I mentioned Marrakesh as we've only been to those once just like we've only been to Chefs De France once. We have never been to Tokyo dining or Tutto Italia...but my DDs dislike Italian. Too tough to decide. It is my birthday present, says DH ...so technically I should choose the place. I'd choose Tutto Italia or Spice Road. But we've been to Spice Road 3 times and DDs dislike it. OMG...going in circles...

But only been once to Chefs and it was pretty dang good food and will be great to get app, entree and dessert there as they do it all well.

LAURA's next trip(s):

Last edited by Lamima; 07-09-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #29
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Just asked DDs for 3 picks...one said Biergarten, Akershus or Teppan Edo....none of which are even close to in the running. Trying to avoid buffet/AYCE places since you get app, entree and dessert. Plus didn't like Akershus or TE and, as mentioned above, Biergarten fell off the list. Sigh. Next picks for her are Coral Reef and then Tokyo Dining.

Other DD didn't answer.

LAURA's next trip(s):