home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #21
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
You should try Nomad Lounge right next to it. Same food, smaller portions, nice respite during the day at AK...you get to lounge on the couches and listen to the piped in sounds of wildlife. This is one of our favorite spots.

I have been to lounge......Had a delightful evening with Robin, my brother and his wife two years ago. I am starting to think I have a Disney drinking problem.....
Old 02-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Never been to Tiffins either. We have booked it several times, only to cancel and go to Cali Grill or similar and familiar restaurant. And I agree with you about Yachtsman over LeCellier. Not that I dislike LeCellier, its just not on the same level .
We had very good experiences in Tiffins. I think it's struggling a little bit because it's genuine fine dining inside a park. Those expectations clash. Guests don't want to linger, and families with kids likely won't like the menu.

I've found the food to be excellent and the service very good. Our first servers were former V&A servers who were asked to open Tiffins, and they were truly stellar. Our second server was a little more ordinary, but the food was just as good. If you look at the menu, though, it's more like a Jiko experience and that just doesn't work in a park unless it's the last thing you do or you come back just for dinner (as was the case for us).

If you want CG, Tiffins likely won't satisfy, but if you want a great dining experience that's a bit different, I highly recommend it.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #23
jmark
Two Bedroom

While its probably true that Disney is trying to highlight these restaurants, I would also not discount Disney's IT ineptitude.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #24
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Diamond Horseshoe
Le Cellier
Hollywood Brown Derby
Tiffins
The Wave
Ale & Compass

What is the deal with these six?!
Regarding the list, I can see Disney promoting Diamond Horseshoe, Tiffins, The Wave, and Ale & Compass since each is probably under preforming.

I would be surprised if Le Cellier and HBD were, though.

Regardless, I'm sure Disney wants to push traffic their direction for various reasons.

Dirk

Old 02-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #25
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Regarding the list, I can see Disney promoting Diamond Horseshoe, Tiffins, The Wave, and Ale & Compass since each is probably under preforming.

I would be surprised if Le Cellier and HBD were, though.

Regardless, I'm sure Disney wants to push traffic their direction for various reasons.

Dirk
We usually do HBD once a trip and the lobby is always packed with people and have to wait passed our "reservation time" so I would agree it has plenty of business.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #26
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo122160 View Post
Good observation. I'm a little surprised that Le Cellier has same day booking. By far my hardest reservation ever to get in over 30 years of WDW dining.
I am not surprised. I feel they have totally priced themselves above what most people wish to pay for a meal. I think they are expensive, even by Disney standards. We have eaten there many times, but will not be doing so going forward.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #27
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I am not surprised. I feel they have totally priced themselves above what most people wish to pay for a meal. I think they are expensive, even by Disney standards. We have eaten there many times, but will not be doing so going forward.
Iím in the same boat. If Iím spending that much money, Iím going to Disney Springs. Plenty of nicer places with great meats.

Dirk

Old 02-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #28
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
re: Le Cellier prices
FWIW, my husband and I always split the main dish. He adds the cheddar cheese soup, I get a fancy salad (ugh! they discontinued the baby beet salad!), we might add a vegetable side dish,and these, along with the standard bread service, fill us to satisfaction. Not so expensive if you split the main dish?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote