home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Day 2 continued:

We went back to Epcot for the Broadway concert and Illuminations again. We arrived at the American Garden theater about 10 minutes before the 6:45 show. There were lots of seats. I would not book a dinner package for this show. I donít think you need it to get a seat.

The show itself is very good. We saw Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan). Really good show! Ashely has an amazing voice. We are planning to go again on Wednesday. Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (Lion Kng) are performing.

After the show, we had fish and chips (yum!). And watched Illuminations.

Day 3:
We took it easy this morning and had a leisurely breakfast at Artist Palette. It took a while to catch the bus at the Springs to DHS. First bus was full, so we had to wait for another. Construction at DHS is moving along. It looks a lot better than it did in December.

DHS seeemd pretty busy today. We rode the Alien Saucerís and ToT (skipped Star Tours) and then decided to head to Epcot.

Tried some more festival food, rode Spaceship Earth and decided to head back to SSR. We lucked out with the rain. It started after we got on the bus and had pretty much stopped when we got off.

We are chilling now so we can be refreshed for Moonlight Magic tonight. Really looking forward to that.

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #12
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
5 inches of snow. That explains why our Son In Law was off yesterday. He teaches at a Howard County middle school. I donít think we got that much in Annapolis.
South of the City did not get much, just enough to muck everything up.

Quote:
We like the location of the Paddock. We had breakfast at the Artist Palette this morning, so we tried to get a bus at the Springs for DHS. We had to wait for a second bus, because the first was full.
That is why I do not like or recommend the Springs section. It has the best location for amenity access, but the worse bus stop.

Quote:
We actually have a July trip booked specifically because Illuminations is going away.
Sort of the same.....We are going for the 4th celebrations, and get to see Illuminations one last time.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
We went back to Epcot for the Broadway concert
I am not really into this Broadway series Disney put together for the Arts Festival. I get it, but I am just not feeling it. Then again, I have yet to see a performance.

Quote:
After the show, we had fish and chips (yum!). And watched Illuminations.
This is what I need.....some fish-n-chips and a beer......sitting in UK, listening to the band play.

Quote:
We are chilling now so we can be refreshed for Moonlight Magic tonight. Really looking forward to that.

Looks like a fun event and evening.....I will be tuned in for the review.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #14
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Day 3 continued: Moonlight Magic

We arrived at the MK around 7pm. Check-in was a breeze. There was a special entrance where you showed your DVC card, got your meal voucher, wristband and pamphlet of the event.

We ate at Pinocchio Ďs. Our friends had gone there last month and said it was good. Well... not really. It was yucky. We should have gone to Pecos Bills. But, it was free.

We then headed to Tommorowland and rode the PeopleMover. That way when we got off we could see the DVC execs. I do not remember the ladies name we chatted with. It might have been Yvonne. I really wanted to express how we were not feeling very magical about the point reallocation. I had also mentioned the dues and she really focused on that and not the points. But, they took my name and number and someone is supposed to call me.

We did a meet and greet with captain Jack and Angelica. And rode some rides. You could walk on most of the rides. Mine train was a 20 minute wait. We would have liked to seen Megara with Pain and Panic but didnít want to wait in that line. They were very popular.

The fireworks were wonderful!! We really lucked out because it was supposed to start raining around 11pm. Bus transportation back to SSR was great. And the rain didnít start until after we got back.

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:51 PM   #15
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far - much better than that ice/snow!

The moonlight magic nights are awesome. I did two at MK and one at AK and hope to be able to enjoy at the other two parks at some point.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #16
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Be sure to check out Cinderella's coach in fantasy land! It looks absolutely lovely at night.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post

We arrived at the MK around 7pm. Check-in was a breeze. There was a special entrance where you showed your DVC card, got your meal voucher, wristband and pamphlet of the event.

We ate at Pinocchio Ďs. Our friends had gone there last month and said it was good. Well... not really. It was yucky. We should have gone to Pecos Bills. But, it was free.

We then headed to Tommorowland and rode the PeopleMover. That way when we got off we could see the DVC execs. I do not remember the ladies name we chatted with. It might have been Yvonne. I really wanted to express how we were not feeling very magical about the point reallocation. I had also mentioned the dues and she really focused on that and not the points. But, they took my name and number and someone is supposed to call me.

We did a meet and greet with captain Jack and Angelica. And rode some rides. You could walk on most of the rides. Mine train was a 20 minute wait. We would have liked to seen Megara with Pain and Panic but didnít want to wait in that line. They were very popular.

The fireworks were wonderful!! We really lucked out because it was supposed to start raining around 11pm. Bus transportation back to SSR was great. And the rain didnít start until after we got back.
So jealous! This sounds amazing! I would totally have stood in line for Pain and Panic, though. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 AM   #18
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post

Sounds excellent! Thanks for the summary.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote