home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 06:01 AM   #1851
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno_to_disney! View Post
Hello everyone! We just got the notice that our contract for VGC has been sent off to Disney ROFR. The anticipation is growing!
Welcome to MO and good luck with ROFR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyWA View Post
Hello everyone. We've been DVC owners at Aulani since 2011 and usually visit anually. We are a family of 4 and often travel bring another family along with us and stay in a 2 bedroom villa. For our trips to Orlando and Anaheim unually we usually end of staying somewhere other than a Disney property due to last-minute trips and coordinating with multiple families.

Where can I get a cheat sheet for all these acronyms you all use? I'm kind of clueless on these
Welcome to MO!!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #1852
Tiachicha
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hello!

Just joined and wanted to learn more about purchasing DVC. We've been looking for a while but wanted to gather as much information as possible. Thanks for having me.
Tiachicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #1853
Mikeparodi

Default Buying DVC Soon - GCV and Aulani

Hello everyone,

I have been considering buying into DVC for the past several years, and I am about to pull the trigger in the next 2 months (after home purchase closing).

I am thinking of purchasing an Aulani contract, likely direct from Disney, and then a resale contract of Grand California Villas.

My question is here: how easy would it be to trade with other DVC owners my 11 month booking window for GCV to obtain an 11 month booking at the following resorts in Florida:

Beach Club
Boardwalk
Polynesian
Bay Lake Towers
Grand Floridian

Do you think there would be any interested owners in making a trade like this? I would only plan on doing this every couple of years or so.

I mainly plan on staying in California and Hawaii, with the occasional trip to WDW in Florida.

I am open to any and all advice and or suggestions.

Thank you,

Mike

Former DL Annual Pass holder - visited many times

First WDW trip in April 2018 - stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Owner at another Wyndham property.
Mikeparodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #1854
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiachicha View Post
Just joined and wanted to learn more about purchasing DVC. We've been looking for a while but wanted to gather as much information as possible. Thanks for having me.

Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeparodi View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been considering buying into DVC for the past several years, and I am about to pull the trigger in the next 2 months (after home purchase closing).

I am thinking of purchasing an Aulani contract, likely direct from Disney, and then a resale contract of Grand California Villas.

My question is here: how easy would it be to trade with other DVC owners my 11 month booking window for GCV to obtain an 11 month booking at the following resorts in Florida:

Beach Club
Boardwalk
Polynesian
Bay Lake Towers
Grand Floridian

Do you think there would be any interested owners in making a trade like this? I would only plan on doing this every couple of years or so.

I mainly plan on staying in California and Hawaii, with the occasional trip to WDW in Florida.

Thank you,

Mike

First WDW trip in April 2018 - stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Owner at another Wyndham property.

Welcome aboard. I do think you’d have takers for that trade because of how difficult it can be to book VGC.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #1855
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeparodi View Post
Hello everyone,

Beach Club
Boardwalk
Polynesian
Bay Lake Towers
Grand Floridian

Thank you,

Mike

Welcome to MO!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #1856
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Welcome, Mikeparodi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Welcome aboard. I do think you’d have takers for that trade because of how difficult it can be to book VGC.
I think this is definitely true. VGC is highly desirable. However, I am not sure what the best way would be to go about brokering such an arrangement.

Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #1857
StuBeck

Hi! We're going to Disney for the second time in December of this year. The first time I went in 2016 was only for two days, and this time my wife and I are planning an 8 day trip for our 5 year wedding anniversary

I know I'm a bit late on this renting points deal for this year, but we're hoping to rent at Animal Kingdom savanna view from the 19th to the 22nd. We're also looking at possibly some of the other options out there for that time frame based on availability. Its only the two of us so we don't need any of the huge villa options which are out there!
StuBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #1858
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBeck View Post
Hi! We're going to Disney for the second time in December of this year. The first time I went in 2016 was only for two days, and this time my wife and I are planning an 8 day trip for our 5 year wedding anniversary

I know I'm a bit late on this renting points deal for this year, but we're hoping to rent at Animal Kingdom savanna view from the 19th to the 22nd. We're also looking at possibly some of the other options out there for that time frame based on availability. Its only the two of us so we don't need any of the huge villa options which are out there!

Post your request for a room on the Rent/Trade/Transfer board. It's possible that someone has a confirmed reservation they might be looking to rent. If you can be slightly flexible with dates and resort I'm sure you will find something.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #1859
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBeck View Post

Welcome aboard, and best of luck with your rental.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote