home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 03:39 AM   #121
broganmc
Grand Villa

Thanks everyone!

I hate to add to this blog since I seemed to end it on such a nice note, but I am a completist. So I'll just share a couple pictures and a few notes from today's final visit to the Studios.

1) They changed the parking lot entrance to the park YESTERDAY (11/8/18). I found that out the hard way. You can no longer access parking from Beuna Vista Drive. You have to go down Victory Way to Osceola Parkway and get in from there. Beware if you're driving to the parks.

2) Hollywood Studios will be in Construction Hell for the next two years. Animal Kingdom spent 3 years in this hell. Just plan for it. If you're going to the park, the best way is by bus or ferry. Everything else involves a long walk around construction barriers. Handicapped Parking is not in the overflow area which actually puts it farther from the entrance than the first regular guest parking. I didn't see many parking lot wheelchairs either, so be careful if you have a guest who needs to rent a wheelchair or scooter in the park.

3) Slinky Dog is an AWESOME rollercoaster. It is my favorite now and beats out Seven Dwarfs. Go at night time or dusk. When the lights are on, it's even more spectacular. Especially during the Christmas season when the Tower of Terror is lit up for the season.

4) I now understand the pain of Jersey Week. It actually started to feel as crowded as New Year's. I'll keep that in mind next year.

5) They were filming for Christmas Day again... this time outside Slinky Dog. I just can't seem to avoid them.

6) I love Echo Lake. Gorgeous Christmas Tree, wonderful music.

7) Flurries of Fun is almost as much fun as Osborne Lights. (OK more like 35% as much fun but it's better than nothing.)

Ok pictures...

Echo Lake at Christmastime

Flurries of Fun

Jingle Bell Jingle BAM

Hollywood Studios at Christmastime

And yes I was the last guest out of the park for one final time.

See you guys on Sunday when I get home.

Vegas NYE Dec 29-Jan 3
Florida March 1-24
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:04 AM   #122
MMC1
Grand Villa

Bravo / Applause !!!
Great trip report
Will miss you till next time
Take good care of yourself.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #123
Kathy O
Studio

I can't wait for YOUR next trip!
Kathy O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #124
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Safe travels home, Jen. Your trip report and pics were awesome! Thanks for taking us along.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #125
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Your trip sounded absolutely wonderful. Couldn't be more thrilled for you.
You did great!!!!

LOVED the pictures and especially loved how you stayed til the VERY end on several days.

Good for you!!!
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #126
Jillybean315
One Bedroom

Beautiful trip report! Thanks so much for sharing and bringing us along on your fantastic journey! Safe travels home!

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports: June, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2014
Boardwalk Villas: January, 2016
Beach Club Villas: September, 2016
POR-Riverside: October, 2016
Polynesian Villas:June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Bay Lake Tower: June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Old Key West: January, 2018

Upcoming: Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

(Me) (DH) (DS age 14) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #127
broganmc
Grand Villa

I'm home now, safe and sound in "balmy" Maryland with a high of 39F and a low tonight of 29F. Brrrr.... remind me why I bothered returning? I should seriously plan to snowbird in Florida.

Train ride was smooth as expected and by that I mean they raced like a bat outa hell thru Georgia and South Carolina. Saturday travel means no freight trains sharing the rails. We pulled into the Lorton, VA station at 7:30am. Got my van unloaded and us home by 10:30am.

My cousin was great about helping me settle in. He unpacked everything, put all the Halloween decorations away and even helped me put up some of my Christmas decorations. (My nephew gave me hell for skipping Thanksgiving but I'm just doing it the Disney way: Halloween gets swiftly replaced with Christmas.)

For me, Thanksgiving is all part of the Christmas holidays. When I was a kid, I'd go to my uncle's farm and see all my cousins. We'd draw Kris Kringle names and the next time we saw each other was the weekend before Christmas.

I like switching to Christmas decorations in November. It lets the season last longer.

Anyway, here is my new mantlepiece:

That includes a new ornament from Disney... the Frozen-Norweigian inspired castle:

Holiday Mickey, Minnie and Pluto:

AP Passholder MVMCP Ornament:

(Yes that's Donald being propped up by his fellow toy soldiers. It's on the TShirt too.)

Original Mickey Mouse Club ornament: (It plays the MM Club song.)

That was part of the "bet" I lost to my Steelers friend last weekend. She's gaga for all things Disney, especially the original Mickey Mouse Club. I loved this guy so much I brought one home for myself.

Oh and in case, you're a pin collector, these are the special pins they have this year:

I'm told both Christmas parties on Thurs & Friday sold out last week. Hopefully they have tons of these pins in stock.

Ok, I've got a month's worth of mail to sort, some IT work, a couple hungry cats to feed, and normal life to return to.

Thanks for following along with me. I may post some more photos for my missed days. Otherwise, my traveling is done for now.

Vegas NYE Dec 29-Jan 3
Florida March 1-24
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #128
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

It was truly a pleasure following along with all your family and fun.

Settle in at home now and I look forward to your next adventure!

Sleep well.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #129
bubster
Grand Villa

Very nice wrap up of your trip. Glad you're home safe and sound.

I would love to try to stay for a month or so, you make it seem so easy and fun. Maybe someday. Until then I will just have to wait until your next marathon trip and live vicariously through your report. Thanks for taking us along.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #130
SaratogaShan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you for allowing us to share in your adventures! Reports like yours keep me smiling in between my trips