home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 10:22 AM   #1331
zafiro
Two Bedroom

I just received that email, too. It's legit, but I'm going to wait until Target comes out with their Easter specials. I think I remember them doing a BOGO 1/2 off on gift cards either last year or the year before as an Easter Basket goodies promo and Disney cards were included, but there is a limit so you have to play the outsmart the system game.

I have no doubt that for those of us who have purchased large quantities of gift cards from BJs in the recent months we will be offered at least 8% discounts again over the next 8 months at some point.

I think we - as a purchasing group - would have a collective mass with enough clout to negotiate to purchase our large quantities at a better bulk rate. Maybe they'd gave us a more significant discount as a unit.

We should put a collective list / amount together at some point to determine just how much we all might purchase as a whole and shop it around to the bigs like Amazon, Costco, Sams and BJs...just a thought. I bet we'd get some traction.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #1332
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post
FYI, it appears BJ's is running a special if you bought a bunch of gift cards in the past. The sweet spot is the 3x$50 at 7.2% off, but that $5K minimum is a tough ask for March. Basically an extra couple % for a bulk purchase.

Email I received (yes it is legit; removed the contact details); you may receive the same if you bought a bunch like me last year:

We are running a promotion on the Disney gift cards through the end of March. Since you have purchased Disney cards in larger quantities from BJs.com in the past, we wanted to reach out directly to see if you are interested in placing any orders for cards at this time.

The prices below are for $5,000 orders and above.

Please let us know how many cards you are interested in and we will place the orders on your behalf through BJs.com. We have inventory available so we can ship with our standard 3-5 day lead times for card activation. To qualify for these discounts you must contact either Brian Lockhart or I directly so that we can assist with placing the orders.

Contact Info:

Bryant xxx

bxxx@bjs.com

Brian xxxt

bxxx@bjs.com

Link to Website: https://www.bjs.com/category/gift-ca...3?query=disney

Discount Pricing will not be reflected on BJs.com, and is not is not valid for any prior purchases.

Item #

Description

Face Value

Offer Price

3 Pack - $50 Disney Gift Card

$ 150.00

$ 138.50

$100 Disney Gift Card

$ 100.00

$ 94.00

$50 Disney Gift Card

$ 50.00

$ 47.00
11.50/150 = 7.67% (small quibble)

I got the email too
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #1333
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I just received that email, too. It's legit, but I'm going to wait until Target comes out with their Easter specials. I think I remember them doing a BOGO 1/2 off on gift cards either last year or the year before as an Easter Basket goodies promo and Disney cards were included, but there is a limit so you have to play the outsmart the system game.

I have no doubt that for those of us who have purchased large quantities of gift cards from BJs in the recent months we will be offered at least 8% discounts again over the next 8 months at some point.

I think we - as a purchasing group - would have a collective mass with enough clout to negotiate to purchase our large quantities at a better bulk rate. Maybe they'd gave us a more significant discount as a unit.

We should put a collective list / amount together at some point to determine just how much we all might purchase as a whole and shop it around to the bigs like Amazon, Costco, Sams and BJs...just a thought. I bet we'd get some traction.
I have corresponded with them to see if a higher purchase would push them lower. So far no bites.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #1334
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

I just received the same offer as I ordered about $2500 last time in 3 orders.

I donít think I want $5000 in one order, let alone all 50ís to take advantage of very good 7-1/2%. Also it got tedious to not only scratch off but doublecheck if each was activated. Had a problem with some last time... though resolved in a timely manner.

I did appreciate receiving this offer though.as Iím sure itís legit.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #1335
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I have corresponded with them to see if a higher purchase would push them lower. So far no bites.
Seriously, we should aggregate our potential request $ amounts and go to all of the big boxes with that sum potential. A $5K here is there isn't going to trip their trigger.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #1336
TinyTGO
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Is there a phone number on that email you could share? I didn't receive one. Last year I bought gift cards in the 5 digits. 2% more is significant.