home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
micepace42
Studio

Red face Member Services Phones Not Working...?

Is anyone else having trouble calling member services this morning? I am trying to use transferred points to book a room and, of course, this couldn't be updated so we can do it ourselves online when they did the new update to the booking tool. It keeps giving me a recording that member services is currently closed and then gives the office hours Sat = 9:00AM - 7:00PM EST. IT'S 9:30AM EST! What gives Disney?

They need to figure out a way for members to see and use transferred points.

micepace42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
vwlmom
Studio

This from MS
Quote:
Adjusted Hours for Member Services on Saturday, June 23, 2018

Bookings for the Disney Vacation Club 2019 Member Cruise will open at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Saturday, June 23, 2018. On that day, Member Services will be open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Time—with hours adjusted to best support this popular Member event:
• 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM: Member Services will be available exclusively for 2019 Member Cruise reservations—and can also assist with urgent needs for vacation arrivals within the next 5 days.
• 3:00 to 6:00 PM: Member Services will be available for all inquiries.
vwlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
micepace42
Studio

Jiminey Crickets. Well now all I get is a busy signal...

Why...whyyyy can't they just add the function to be able to see and use transferred points? What is so top secret or difficult this can't be added to the online capabilities? It is unfair to a member trying to book using those points, especially at an 11 month window, 7 month window, or inside the 7 month window. By the time you wait for member services to be open the room is gone because you couldn't book with transferred points online. Marriott or Hilton would figure out a way to make it happen. Heck Wyndam would probably figure it out.

If nothing else create a "temporary holding pot" in member accounts labeled "Transferred Points". If you have 4 memberships - you get 4 "Transferred Points" accounts. If you have no transferred points the balance is "0". If booking at the location the points are from they are good 11 months out; if not they are good 7 months out. It could show the use year and whether or not they have been banked. This helps track the 1 transaction per year. Jeesh, something...

Old 06-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

I think your DVC has a member alert concerning this restricted hours today. It should be in red, upper right hand corner.
Apparently DVC Member Cruise registration beginning today is popular.
Sorry for your frustration , perhaps transferred points or holding points need to be verified individually otherwise they might be taken from one of your use years automatically. Have you asked DVC guide for explanation?
You are not the first person to find this frustrating but there must be an important reason.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
micepace42
Studio

Yeah, I hadn't noticed the alert apparently.

I had a waitlist in place for a room for over 30 days and decided to cancel it to book a room at CCV and didn't remember the points for the waitlist were transferred points so I was unable to book the CCV room and of course it was taken. To add more frustration, the waitlist I had in place showed available this morning...LOL.

I guess sometimes all we can do is laugh...

Old 06-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

Live & learn & laugh
DVC can be hard to figure out and obey.
I just cancelled a reservation
Had 2 identical rooms but didn't need second Unfortunately the one I cancelled was the one that I had banked points ( totally forgot) and they have to be used before Aug.
I currently have a trip to DL and a trip to WDW with airfare already booked. Really can't justify another trip. Once upon a time it would have been easy but everything is too crowded and expensive.
Might have to figure out the RCI to extend.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Unfortunately the one I cancelled was the one that I had banked points ( totally forgot) and they have to be used before Aug.
I would *think* that Member Services could help you out with this. Swap the banked points into the remaining reservation and put the "regular" points back into your account. It's worth a call, at least?
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
micepace42
Studio

Red face

It all seems to have worked out in the end. It was an unnecessarily frustrating ordeal that seems to have occupied my whole day and didn't get me exactly what I was looking to do but...I have made lemonade out of lemons...