home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #51
Lolaura84
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
the age old question...BCV vs. BWV, I think given the current prices, BWV is going to win out. Both are great resorts and one cannot go wrong with either, however, given the 2042 expiration and the price difference, I think BWV is going to be more popular.
I had so often heard the complaints about the BWV hallways, and was sold on the fact that BCV was a smaller resort, so I assumed less walking from the lobby to the room. I stayed in a room closest to Hollywood Studios in my September stay, and man that walk was brutal. But at least there was the upside of being able to cut some of the hallways out, being close to Hollywood Studios, and being able to get to the quiet pool pretty easily from the room. I had a not very well located BCV room my last trip in April, and I think the walk from the Beach Club lobby or SAB to the room was just as long as that Boardwalk walk, and there wasn't any silver lining of being able to quickly get to a quiet pool or pathway from an exterior exit, unless I missed it in my wandering around looking for one. That plus the price difference makes BWV the winner in my *****.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #52
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
I had so often heard the complaints about the BWV hallways, and was sold on the fact that BCV was a smaller resort, so I assumed less walking from the lobby to the room. I stayed in a room closest to Hollywood Studios in my September stay, and man that walk was brutal. But at least there was the upside of being able to cut some of the hallways out, being close to Hollywood Studios, and being able to get to the quiet pool pretty easily from the room. I had a not very well located BCV room my last trip in April, and I think the walk from the Beach Club lobby or SAB to the room was just as long as that Boardwalk walk, and there wasn't any silver lining of being able to quickly get to a quiet pool or pathway from an exterior exit, unless I missed it in my wandering around looking for one. That plus the price difference makes BWV the winner in my *****.
I thought all of the DVC rooms at BCV are on the Epcot side of the resort, not the DHS (or Yacht Club) side. Am I wrong?

and MNSSHP!

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
! New DVC Owners !
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #53
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
I thought all of the DVC rooms at BCV are on the Epcot side of the resort, not the DHS (or Yacht Club) side. Am I wrong?
They are but can be set back a ways from the exit closest to Epcot. I don't find the walk at either bad except for carrying luggage in and out of the room. THe walk to DHS from BWV is pretty and relaxing. I prefer BWV due to the nightly entertainment on the boardwalk. The view from the BCV of Cresent Lake and the BWV is a nice peaceful view. Can't go wrong on either for an adults only trip or any kind of trip really.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #54
Lolaura84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
Sorry, my close to DHS room was at the very end of a very long hallway at Boardwalk. That was confusing.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #55
C&CPoly2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
the age old question...BCV vs. BWV, I think given the current prices, BWV is going to win out. Both are great resorts and one cannot go wrong with either, however, given the 2042 expiration and the price difference, I think BWV is going to be more popular.
Thanks for bumping this! Really helpful to see the different viewpoints. Like was stated earlier - really seems to come down to a few key factors and whether or not you value those factors more at BCV to pay the difference. I wonder if the price difference in resale will converge or widen out from the current levels.
C&CPoly2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #56
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking My heart belongs to BCV

But for an adults only trip, I would try out BWV, with Flying Fish, and the dueling pianos, boardwalk performers, etc...

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #57
Zachattack

Default Beach club

just booked my Beach Club trip for next month....August.
excited!
Zachattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #58
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachattack View Post
just booked my Beach Club trip for next month....August.
excited!
Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy it!