home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #21
brewsard2
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
I just came across some of the menus for these booths - they look really nice. I would love to try this one year.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017-e...d-food-photos/
Wow. I may cancel all my reservations and go to town at the holiday booths!
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #22
Maddismom
One Bedroom

Quote:
I just came across some of the menus for these booths - they look really nice. I would love to try this one year.

The menus for food look good but look at those drinks too! I'm hoping we get a crisp evening so I can try a "a Warm Glow" or "Crazy Elf"
The coquito is always good at the holiday too. So many choices! We will be there in one week and I can't wait since I have a few days at Epcot on our schedule!
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

We're planning on noshing at the booths when we get there late afternoon on the 20th. We'll be hungry, since we won't have had lunch, so I hope there's plenty of booths.

Dirk
Old 11-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #24
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Though I have joked that it seems they are making ĎF&W into a continuing year long theme. Having never been to F&W on the list, maybe 2018. I was pleasantly surprised last February when we happen upon the Arts Festival last year and as I describe it, food is a art form and there was a selection of food & wine offerings.
Iím hoping they expand the food selections this year as we will be there for a couple of days again. Since we are not planners, but enjoy TS or something more than typical CS offerings. Having good various food selections without having to make ADRís especially at lunch or early evening times, is a win win.
I found the art Festival very pleasing and enjoyable.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #25
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:

These food booths look interesting for this year! The holiday drink offerings seem festive.
JerseyAmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #26
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Epcot has evolved into our favorite park. Although I admit we don't spend much time in the park's front because we don't walk like we use to a few years ago and I'm not a 'ride' person. We use to roam all over the park, enjoying the Lands and the exhibition center by MM & TT. We try ... occasionally.

Mainly we enjoy circling the Showcase. We've been to few of the country's in the showcase and feel the WS exhibits the best of those country's without all the garbage - physical and other - of the 'real' experience. So bring on the holiday huts with bits and pieces of traditional food and drink, Holiday figures and light displays - we're ready to enjoy.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #27
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

I just looked and the festival begins on November 19th. I am guessing the Christmas decorations go up around WDW the week after Thanksgiving - seems like I saw it discussed here - it would be nice to schedule a trip over one of the 1st two weeks of December. I think it is usually a lower point cost and lower crowds. The benefit of the decorations would be wonderful. I am talking myself in to this for next year - will be looking for reviews of the park and events.
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #28
cali09
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
We'll be at WDW in Dec for our very first Christmas visit. I am so looking forward to this. All of the Christmas stuff will be completely new for us.
It's a wonderful time of year to visit! Will you be there for Christmas itself?

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #29
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
I just looked and the festival begins on November 19th. I am guessing the Christmas decorations go up around WDW the week after Thanksgiving - seems like I saw it discussed here - it would be nice to schedule a trip over one of the 1st two weeks of December. I think it is usually a lower point cost and lower crowds. The benefit of the decorations would be wonderful. I am talking myself in to this for next year - will be looking for reviews of the park and events.
Decorations are already up at the MK - they go up after the final Halloween party. I believe the timing is the same at Epcot.
JerseyAmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #30
cali09
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
These food booths look interesting for this year! The holiday drink offerings seem festive.
They do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Epcot has evolved into our favorite park. Although I admit we don't spend much time in the park's front because we don't walk like we use to a few years ago and I'm not a 'ride' person. We use to roam all over the park, enjoying the Lands and the exhibition center by MM & TT. We try ... occasionally.

Mainly we enjoy circling the Showcase. We've been to few of the country's in the showcase and feel the WS exhibits the best of those country's without all the garbage - physical and other - of the 'real' experience. So bring on the holiday huts with bits and pieces of traditional food and drink, Holiday figures and light displays - we're ready to enjoy.
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post
Wow. I may cancel all my reservations and go to town at the holiday booths!
I was thinking the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddismom View Post
The menus for food look good but look at those drinks too! I'm hoping we get a crisp evening so I can try a "a Warm Glow" or "Crazy Elf"
The coquito is always good at the holiday too. So many choices! We will be there in one week and I can't wait since I have a few days at Epcot on our schedule!
39 days for us!

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote