home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #11
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Not for nothing, but I read the responses to your post on that board. I don't think the original content was the issue. Most of the original comments were somewhere between benign and supportive. I expect you'd run into a similar problem here if you responded to criticism by calling people jerks, unwelcoming, and condescending.

At any rate, I hope your experience as an annual passholder improves. I also hope you enjoy your time back at MouseOwners. I think it's the best of the Disney boards.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #12
carolina_yankee
Administrator

We don’t coat our Disney experiences with pixie dust here, so honest opinions and experiences are always welcome.

Taking your post at face value, it sounds like APs may well not be the kind of thing that works for you. Casual visits are very different than on-site long-term stays (say, a week). Familiarity breeds contempt, and all that.

Unfortunately, you add a lot into your post over which Disney has no control and zero responsibility, so I don’t see the point of bringng it up:
  • Rain
  • House Robbery
  • CM driving habits when not on clock

So, taking that out of the equation, your Disney-controlled experience was 5 free fastapsses for things over which Disney has zero control or responsibility. I’m glad to know that I can go to guest services and give them a license plate and get FPs. I’ll work that into my trip planning strategy.

As for DHS, it’s been widely publicized that the park is undergoing major re-development with many attractions gone for good. Someone who lives close enough to justify an AP and with over 50 visits under their built shouldn’t find its current condition a surprise. Frankly, I’d be more sympathetic to a “condition of Epcot” rant.

And, given that most of what happened to you was not Disney’s responsibility and that Disney gave you 5 FPS for things that they did not do, I don’t think 50 visits entitles one to a rant, particularly so new on a chat forum - after being chased off of another forum

As I said, everyone is entitled to their honest opinion. They are also entitled to feedback.

to MouseOwners and, as I’m sure they said at Guest Services, have a magical day!

Dirk
Old 10-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #13
smmcgarry
Banned

Thank you for the kind words. My experience might have been tainted by life events. My father was just put in ICU with congenital heart failure and kidney failure.

I just found out I have liver and kidney disease. I'm just trying to make it back there as much as I can before "something else" happens

The smiley isn't me laughing... it's trying to smile through the pain.
smmcgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #14
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Most posts are looking for camaraderie in the experience. I am sorry you had a miserable time. However, remember the location you have landed. You posted a tough experience on a fan site, open to the internet. Wow, that's a risky proposition at best.

The old adage, know your audience, seems to reign supreme here.

On the content of your post:

1) No idea. Agree with the other Eric some information would be helpful.

2) Can't say I have ever seen that. I have accidentally shown up too soon and have been turned away. It was no big deal to us at the time.

3) Its terrible since everything is closed and under renovation. It won't have the real life lifted out of it until 2019 when SWL opens. It'll be a new kind of terrible - crowded.

4) Nope, can't say I have seen that. I have seen standby move when I was waiting, but the lines do zig zag. Always a ton faster to use a fastpass during the crowded times. If it is empty, we don't bother using it as the lines move at the same rate.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #15
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
Thank you for the kind words. My experience might have been tainted by life events. My father was just put in ICU with congenital heart failure and kidney failure.

I just found out I have liver and kidney disease. I'm just trying to make it back there as much as I can before "something else" happens

The smiley isn't me laughing... it's trying to smile through the pain.
Terrible news, our emotions layer over all our experiences. Negative experiences when in a bad mood are augmented a thousand fold. My sympathies for your trying times.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #16
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Terrible news, our emotions layer over all our experiences. Negative experiences when in a bad mood are augmented a thousand fold. My sympathies for your trying times.
Thank you.

My wife and I have been very fortunate. We've stayed at Grand Floridian, willderness club level, poly, club level, yacht clu, club level. Just very fortunate and thankful.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #17
smmcgarry
Banned

You all are right. I shouldn't go to a fan board and post complaints. I'm going to sleep; I hope you all have great nights.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #18
mark0157
One Bedroom

Default Still magical for us

We used to live in Winter Park and I worked in the industry (not at Disney, but close by

I went 1-2 times per week, just to walk around Epcot, have lunch, see the fireworks, etc.

It was always magical and even more so because I never felt rushed or stressed to do stuff...I could literally go on one ride and leave without feeling like I was wasting money.

I miss living down there. I felt like I was permanently on holiday! It was a very laid-back and relaxed lifestyle.
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #19
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

As for DHS, it’s been widely publicized that the park is undergoing major re-development with many attractions gone for good. Someone who lives close enough to justify an AP and with over 50 visits under their built shouldn’t find its current condition a surprise. Frankly, I’d be more sympathetic to a “condition of Epcot” rant.

Dirk
OMG...I Love Epcot just the way it is...I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want it to change. I had issues for months when they updated the voiceover on Spaceship Earth. I almost couldn't handle it
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #20
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
OMG...I Love Epcot just the way it is...I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want it to change. I had issues for months when they updated the voiceover on Spaceship Earth. I almost couldn't handle it
Do you mean as it is now?

Or as it was a few years back? Before they closed Innoventions and have two great empty spaces with nothing in them. I mean what is the point of that? Why close stuff if there are no plans for them, or none that are currently being worked on?

But it has had so little love recently that I'm really excited for it. One replacement ride, one new one, what should be a fantastic restaurant. Plus the stuff that's planned but not announced yet. Just get a move on and do something with the Innoventions buildings
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote